Farm Foreman Working Title Department
1890 Land Grant Extension Job Summary/Basic Function
The Farm Foreman, is a position shared by Agricultural and Research Development Program ( ARDP ) and Cooperative Extension Program ( CEP ) at Central State University and will work with the Assistant Director of Farm Operations in managing the land, livestock, fields, buildings, equipment, and properties. The Farm Foreman will also work with volunteers and visitors related to Land-Grant outreach activities. This position requires a strong, practical knowledge of agricultural and farm management skills to assist with all farming tasks including animal and crop operations, including but not limited to, seeding, planting, weeding, harvesting, post-harvest handling, and field maintenance tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists researchers in the Natural Products area, honey bee studies, soil and water research, and crop research
• Assists as needed in the maintenance and operation of the University's Aquaponics and Botanical Garden facilities
• Assists in managing land, property, field operations for planting, crop input applications, equipment readiness, and harvesting
• Responsible for all aspects of farming operations, including but not limited to, farm development, ground preparation and planting process, hiring and management of operational and harvest labor
• Maintains fields, buildings, and equipment
• Ensures the availability of the facilities for approved extension and research projects
• Assists with planning and implementation of research and extension activities
• Helps design and implement farm management practices on CSU's farm land; this includes cropland, woodland, and pastures
• Other duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications
Experience and Qualifications:
• High school diploma, GED , or equivalent
• At least 3 years of farming / livestock experience
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to safely operate and maintain agricultural tractors and machinery
• Demonstrated good organizational and record keeping skills
• Demonstrated good communication skills
• Valid driver's license
• Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds Preferred Qualifications
• BS in Agriculture, Biology or related area
• Pesticide applicator's license
• First response training Posting Date
12/15/2020 Closing Date
01/31/2021 Open Until Filled
No Special Instructions to Applicants
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT :
This is a 12-month position research position funded by annual allocation by National Institute of Food and Agriculture ( NIFA ) through the Evans Allen Program with matching contributions from the State of Ohio.
For further information, email Mr. Mark Hoffmaster, Assistant Director of Farm Operation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cover letter
• A list of three references
• Copy of academic transcripts
Central State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking candidates committed to working in a diverse environment. Position Category
Staff - Monthly (Exempt) Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Required Documents
- * What is the highest degree you hold?
- Completed all Doctorate coursework, but has not completed dissertation
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Assoicate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
To apply please click here!