Part Time Groundskeeper is responsible for the care, maintenance, and repair of the college grounds and landscaping.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in institutional or commercial groundskeeping.
- Flexibility and ability to change shift when requested.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record of less than five (5) points on driving record, preferred.
- Candidates may be required to successfully pass a background investigation, to include driving and criminal history evaluation.
This is a part-time position only, hourly position with no guarantee of permanent full-time employment and is not eligible for college benefits. Successful candidates may be required to special hours as needed or required; but, may not exceed forty hours in pay week.
- Mows, trims, edges grass areas. Weeds, cultivates and mulches flower and shrubbery beds. Plants, transplants and prunes trees, shrubs, and flowers. Grades, fertilizes, limes, and aerates sods, seeds, and waters. Clears wooded areas, prunes trees, and shrubs, remove fallen trees, branches, weeds and rubbish.
- Performs work associated with maintenance and repairs to campus landscaping and gardens.
- Participates in landscaping project work.
- Patches asphalt or concrete areas. Performs traffic control painting and sign maintenance/ installation; as well as, grounds related painting.
- Sets up and operates trucks, tractors, mowers, excavators, and other grounds related equipment. Cleans and performs minor preventative maintenance on groundskeeping equipment.
- Participates in snow removal efforts.
- Participates in campus exterior trash/recycling collection.
- Assists in the implementation of college and non-college events/activities.
- Effectively performs in a service environment and follows all county, state, college, and departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.