FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Job Summary:
The HVAC Technician is responsible for maintaining climate controlled buildings by installing and maintaining heating, ventilating and cooling equipment. Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Position Requirements: Required Education and Experience:
- Maintains adequate structural climate by installing, repairing and servicing HVAC systems.
- Keeps equipment, systems and buildings ready for use by implementing preventive maintenance programs and schedules for HVAC systems.
- Assists in completing projects by installing, restoring and repairing faulty or inoperative HVAC systems and associated equipment.
- Maintains HVAC systems by performing routine and preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoots HVAC systems by researching and evaluating conditions, advising supervisor and recommending actions.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
- Complies with federal, state and local building codes by adhering to requirements.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensures operation of tools and equipment used the job by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1 year in heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system installation, maintenance and repair or related experience.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- 5 years of HVAC experience
- Experience with both Direct Expansion and Chill Water systems
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
- Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- EPA Certificate ( Universal )
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques.
- Skill to operate equipment required to perform the job.
- Ability to communicate technical information.
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs, and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Work is indoors/outdoors and not sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- May be exposed to work in attics, basements, crawl spaces.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate, but can be noisy due to work around chiller plants, boiler rooms, and generators.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. To apply please click here!