Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T), one of the nation's top technological research universities, invites nominations and applications for the position of Distinguished Professor and Founding Director of the Kummer Institute Center for Resource Sustainability. TO APPLY OR NOMINATE SOMEONE FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK: https://kummerinstitute.mst.edu/recruitment/faculty-recruitment/founding-director-crs/.Position Description
The Founding Director of the Kummer Institute Center for Resource Sustainability will have a demonstrated history of catalytic initiatives including building and leading successful interdisciplinary teams that translate discovery and innovation for the benefit of society. The founding director will develop a transformational vision for the Center that leverages existing campus resources and faculty strengths, while identifying opportunities to lead Missouri S&T students and faculty to national prominence for the engineering and science of resource sustainability.Key attributes of the Founding Director include:
- Recognized as an international thought leader in the broad area of resource sustainability, including, but not limited to: critical minerals, sustainable energy, clean water supply, waste valorization or minimization, environmental forensics, design for human and ecological health, biogeochemistry, or related areas.
- Possess the technical expertise and prior accomplishments to make Missouri S&T a world-wide leader in one or more of these areas.
- Demonstrated evidence of establishing a vision, developing others, and building a coalition of university, industry, state and federal elements towards strategic goals in a changing environment.
- Build an inclusive team that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution.
- Unwavering commitment to student success through exceptional instruction, research, mentoring, and career placement.
TO APPLY OR NOMINATE SOMEONE FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK: https://kummerinstitute.mst.edu/recruitment/faculty-recruitment/founding-director-crs/.Comments
- Hold an endowed chair, with tenure, in an academic department related to the center activities, and so must possess the academic credentials for such an appointment.
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim's educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator. EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the LawEnglish Version
- EEO is the LawSpanish Version
- EEO is the LawChinese Version