Student Health ServicesApplication Deadline
Open Until FilledFull Time/Part Time
Full Time, Benefit EligibleSalary
$16.50/hour minimumJob Description
- Assist the lead nurse and other team members in planning patient care. May perform patient screening duties following established clinic policies, procedures and protocols.
- Assist with specialized examinations and treatments.
- Perform treatments and other patient care duties following department policy, established protocol and standards of care, or as directed by a lead nurse.
- Document information reflecting patient's condition and nursing care given.
- Complete assigned task using positive guest relation, communication.
- Assists in the preparation of materials, information, etc. as assigned
- Performs standard assignments and responsibilities
- Assists with basic/routine screenings, examinations and assessments
- Uses existing procedures and or direction to solve standard problems and/or correct standard, routine issues
- Works within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet established deadlines
- Communicates basic information to others, escalating questions to more senior team members
- Begins to build working relationship with internal parties; regularly works with immediate team
- Completion of an approved practical nursing program and licensure (or eligibility to be licensed) as a LPN within the state of Missouri.
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim's educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator. EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the LawEnglish Version
- EEO is the LawSpanish Version
- EEO is the LawChinese Version