Fiscal ServicesApplication Deadline
Open Until FilledFull Time/Part Time
Full Time, Benefit EligibleSalary
The position will report to the Director of Fiscal Managers and will provide financial leadership and fiscal management for the Kummer College and associated departments to assist in meeting the strategic goals of the college and the university. Will work directly with the Vice Provost and Dean, Associate Deans, Department Chairs, managers, and directors to maintain accounting standards and controls to facilitate sound fiscal management, planning, and decision making. Will advise the Vice Provost and Dean on various fiscal matters as requested.
- Monitor all fiscal activity (revenues, expenses, gifts, and grants) including directing the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of the college and departmental budgets. Prepare journal entries for fund transfers for Kummer departments. Review all Kummer College international travel authorization forms for fiscal compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all university, regulatory, fiscal, and report requirements. Resolve operating problems and develop, recommend, and implement administrative policies and procedures.
- Review new faculty start-up packages to ensure funding is available, review revision requests, monitor spending of funds, transfer funds. Review salary information for new hires, check for available funding, ensure salary percentages and sources to be accurate.
- Create and maintain reports in Workday Planning, COGNOS, and PeopleSoft. Examples are but not limited to budget vs actuals, multi-year actual expense review, payroll funding, and salary compression.
- Participate in the development of strategy, long range plans and financial planning. Monitor performance against plan.
- Collaborate and work with other units across campus.
- Perform other duties as assigned
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 4 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with course work in management and accounting.
- UM experience
- PeopleSoft experience
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim's educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator. EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the LawEnglish Version
- EEO is the LawSpanish Version
- EEO is the LawChinese Version