Information Technology - InfrastructureApplication Deadline
Open Until FilledFull Time/Part Time
Full Time, Benefit EligibleSalary
Commensurate with experience Job Description
Missouri S&T, one of four campuses comprising the University of Missouri, enrolls approximately 6,700 undergraduates and 1,900 graduate students, and is among the top technological research universities in the country. Missouri S&T has been listed as the 1st and 3rd best investments for out-of-state and in-state students, respectively by Newsweek. Its 284-acre campus, about 90 minutes from the city of St. Louis, is situated in the beautiful Ozarks region of Missouri. Rolla, a community of 19,000, enjoys a superb educational system, competitive cost-of-living, and abundant recreational opportunities.
Missouri S&T offers a great benefits package to include a 75% discount on tuition fees for employees, and a 50% discount for employee spouses and dependents. Information Technology encourages its employees to further their education by leveraging the S&T educational benefit as a part-time student. Additional information about Information Technology at S&T can be found at http://it.mst.edu/.Our ideal candidate:
- Capable of learning and adapting to new environments quickly.
- Has a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Creatively solves complex business requirements.
- Able to resolve challenges that span multiple systems and environments.
- Is able to work with both direct management as well as self directed prioritization and time management.
- Work directly with customers, project managers, and database/systems administrators on design, implementation, maintenance and security of in-house developed applications and 3rd party tools.
- Develops well designed, testable and efficient new code and modifies existing code based on customer requirements.
- Maintain documentation for in-house developed and 3rd party applications with respect to purpose, customer scope/audience, data elements, nuances, etc.
- Provide redundancy in support of software/systems across the applications infrastructure team.
- Communicate effectively through verbal and written mediums.
- Be an active/attentive listener.
- Work collaboratively in a tightly integrated team environment, mentoring amongst one another.
- BS or MS in Computer / Information Systems, related disciplines or demonstrated topical skill level in personal activity/employment history.
- Three to five years relevant experience with one of the following programming languages: Perl, Python, PHP, NodeJS.
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, Oracle).
- Experience with HTTP RESTful APIS, JSON, or XML/SOAP.
- Experience with full stack Web Application Development.
- Working knowledge of git or similar source code repository.
- Ability to comfortably use Linux command line interface.
- Familiarity with ticketing/work tracking systems such as JIRA/Trello and modern development practices such as Agile.
- Demonstrated experience with Docker/Containerization and/or application modernization.
- Working knowledge with container orchestration platforms.
- Experience deploying/managing MySQL or Oracle (or other relational database systems).
- Understanding of underlying operating system infrastructure and storage systems.
- Knowledge of internet/network security practices and secure coding.
- Familiarity with and demonstrated use of Cloud Computing resources such as Azure/AWS/GCP.
- Demonstrated involvement in Open Source software development such as contributions to third party projects on GitHub and/or involvement in support communities such as StackOverflow/ServerFault/etc.
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim's educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator. EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the LawEnglish Version
- EEO is the LawSpanish Version
- EEO is the LawChinese Version