Information Technology-Technology SupportApplication Deadline
Open Until FilledFull Time/Part Time
Full Time, Benefit EligibleSalary
$62,000-$90,376/annuallyJob DescriptionAbout the Position:
The Missouri University of Science and Technology (S&T) seeks a highly collaborative and effective leader to oversee the Technology Support division of the IT department at S&T. This division serves the entire University and is responsible for: help desk, end user support, classroom, conference room and computer lab support.
It is the vision of S&T's Chief Information officer (CIO) that all faculty, students, and staff at S&T should have easy and well supported access to IT services that are second to none in support of their teaching, research, and learning.
IT @ S&T's approach should be people-centric, with an emphasis on service, effectiveness, and flexibility. The Senior IT Manager will have the unique opportunity work in partnership with S&T's IT Leadership and the CIO to lead the transformation of the Technology Support division to meet this vision.Key ResponsibilitiesManagement and Supervision:
- Hire and supervise individual contributors, leads and supervisors assigned to the division, including the assignment of work, evaluation of performance, recommendation of salary, and handling of employee relations issues.
- Manage services assigned to the division, including resourcing, costing, and service quality oversight.
- Develop and maintain standards, policies, and procedures covering the work of the division.
- Identify resources needed for current and future projects and work with the Chief Information Officer and the other members of the IT Leadership team to obtain needed resources.
- Coordinate with University of Missouri System IT and other IT organizations on shared service offerings.
Lead and contribute to organization or campus-wide objectives:
- Advise the CIO on tactical and strategic issues related to user support and educational technology support.
- Research new services and technologies that may improve the service offerings of the division.
- Stay abreast of peers and national trends in the use of technology in Higher Education.
- Represent the organization in various governance and advisory groups related to IT.
- Partner with various University offices, as well as individual departments to advance their objectives through technology.
Customer and relationship management:
- Lead and / or sponsor projects and temporary work teams to accomplish defined objectives that are outside of normal scope of the division.
- Serve as sponsor for standing cross-functional teams of staff for specialized service areas (e.g. security, endpoint management, customer relations, etc.).
- Serve on campus committees and initiatives.
- Act as a liaison to various University units in the role of Customer Relationship Manager to proactively develop and maintain good working relationships between units and IT.
- Serve as a representative and liaison between IT and other IT organizations across the UM System to maintain positive working relationships and to develop partnerships.
Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
A bachelor's degree is required.
Eight years' professional experience in IT or education which must include: (years' experience may run concurrently)
Four years' supervisory experience
Three years' experience working with customers
Experience in participating in diverse workgroups Comments
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim's educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator. EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the LawEnglish Version
- EEO is the LawSpanish Version
- EEO is the LawChinese Version