Widener University, Harrisburg Campus, is currently seeking non-tenure track (clinical track) Nursing Faculty with a specialty focus in psychiatric mental-health, maternal health, child health, or population health and simulation for the Fall semester 2021. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Nursing, this full-time, 10-month role is located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The incumbent will primarily be responsible for teaching in the Accelerated Second Degree BSN (ABSN) option on the Harrisburg campus, facilitate student learning through simulation, collaborate with the Director of the Simulation Center on the Chester campus to manage the Harrisburg simulation lab, engage in clinical practice/scholarship, participate in the shared governance system of the School of Nursing and University, and mentor students.
The School of Nursing's unique, powerhouse programs serve the needs of diverse students at all stages of their careers. Students and faculty have opportunities to learn and practice in our nurse-managed clinics where we provide primary care to the underserved in the Chester community. Individuals who bring diversity of thought, experience and practice to the mission of the University and the School of Nursing at Widener are encouraged to apply.
Widener University, a private, metropolitan university with two campuses, one just outside Philadelphia and the other in Harrisburg, which connects inclusive curricula to diverse social issues and empowers our community of learners to discover and create better futures. The School of Nursing is designated as an NLN Center of Excellence for advancing the science of nursing education and enhancing the student experience. Experiential learning, rigorous academics, and civic engagement are the hallmarks of the SON programs. Our school is committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity and equity throughout our programs, our nursing practice, and in our workplace. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(including, but not limited to) : Essential duties:
- Design, deliver, and evaluate evidence-based teaching strategies to ensure student outcomes
- Scholarly productivity
- Clinical practice as required by certification
- Mentoring/advisement to students.
- Participate in student recruitment and retention activities
- Engage in service to the university, School of Nursing and community.
- Manage simulation lab schedules
- Facilitate simulations
- Manage simulation lab supplies and equipment in collaboration with the Director of the Simulation Center
- Collaborate with faculty and the Director of the Simulation Center to develop simulation activities
- Contribute to the creation of an environment that promotes diversity, inclusivity, growth, equality, and freedom of speech.
- Develop continuing education opportunities
- Foster interprofessional learning experiences
- Community and civic engagement
(education/training and experience required) : Required:
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Licensure as a registered nurse and eligibility for licensure in Pennsylvania
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice in area of specialty listed above
- Minimum one (1) year of academic or clinical teaching experience in area of specialty. Clinical teaching may include preceptor and staff development experience.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a simulation facilitator in a college or health system.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND/OR UNUSUAL HOURS:
- Certification in area of specialty
- Certification as a Healthcare Simulation Educator
- Certification as a Nurse Educator (CNE)
- May teach evening classes
- Participation in some weekend recruitment activities may be required
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a one-page statement of teaching philosophy that also addresses commitment to inclusiveness and equity for consideration. Review of complete applications will begin on January 19, 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only those selected to interview will be contacted.
Widener has a strategic commitment to building an inclusive university community whose diversity enriches the lives of all members and where our students are prepared for living in a pluralistic and ever-changing world. As a leading metropolitan university, Widener strives to embody the values that are inherent in our mission: civic engagement, access, inclusion, academic excellence, innovation and leadership.
Widener University, an independent, metropolitan, doctoral-intensive university, connects curricula to social issues through civic engagement. Dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention and experiential learning are key components of the Widener Experience. Located in Chester, PA, Widener's main campus is nestled between Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE, with Law Schools located in both Harrisburg and Wilmington. For more information about the university, please visit our website at www.widener.edu.
03 Dec 2020 Eastern Standard Time Applications close:To apply please click here!