The 10 month Nursing Program Faculty member is responsible for teaching both didactic and clinical instruction in the Associate Degree Nursing Program. Teaching responsibilities include traditional face to face format with online supplement and in the online/hybrid (blended) format. This position focuses predominately on first year nursing courses in the day and/or blended program
. Faculty participate in committees, student advising, nursing program initiatives and college community activities.
Faculty members are expected to: prepare, teach, and assess student progress in each course taught; seek continuous improvement in student-centered learning and teaching methodology; remain current in discipline; maintain scheduled office hours; create a yearly professional development plan; participate with other faculty members in developing and managing courses, curricula, and academic policy. Responsibilities include teaching fifteen credit hours per semester; committee work at the department, school, campus, and college level; college and community service, and participating in professional development activities.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maryland
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Teaching experience strongly preferred; and recent clinical experience
- Medical/Surgical background is highly desirable
- Provide didactic and clinical instruction in first year nursing courses, and other assigned courses in the day and online/hybrid (blended) programs.
- Coordinate adjunct faculty assigned nursing courses.
- Conduct simulated experiences.
- Participate in Nursing Program Committees as assigned.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned. Posted: 08/17/2022