Classics Job Title
One-Semester Visiting Assistant Professor/Instructor - Classics Department Job Type
One semester full-time position Is Tenure Track
No Job Summary
The Classics Department at Gettysburg College is authorized to seek a Visiting Assistant Professor/Instructor for a one-semester, full-time position (4 courses), for Spring 2020, to teach the following courses: a combined 200/300 Latin course (poetry preferred); Constructions of Race and Ethnicity in the Classical World (200 level, cross listed with History); and two of the following courses: Alexander the Great to Cleopatra (100 level, cross listed with History); Gender and Sexuality in Ancient Greece (200 level cross-listed with WGS ); or Classical Mythology (100 level). Qualifications
Ph.D. or ABD in Classics or Ancient History and evidence of successful teaching. We seek an instructor who has a genuine interest in teaching within the liberal arts environment and strongly encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community. Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should send a cover letter describing their teaching philosophy and experience, curriculum vitae, and the names and email addresses of three professional references who can address the candidate's teaching. References will be contacted by Gettysburg College via email to submit letters of recommendation electronically.
Send inquiries to Dr. GailAnn Rickert, Chair, Department of Classics: email@example.com Review of applications will begin October 24, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. Skype interviews will be arranged for selected candidates. EEO Statement
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate ( GED ) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities. Posting Number
20100122F Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Candidate Documents Required Documents
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Frederick News Post - Local Newspaper
- Gettysburg College Digest
- Gettysburg College Website
- Gettysburg Times - Local Newspaper
- Hanover Evening Sun - Local Newspaper
- LGBT in Higher Ed Website
- Merchandiser - Local Newspaper
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News - Local Newspaper
- Referral from Gettysburg College staff, faculty, friend or family member
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Women in Higher Ed Website
- Other Website or Listserv (Please note specific website or listserv below)
- Other Source (Please note other specific source below)
- If you noted "Other website or Listserv" or "Other source" above, please let us know specifically where you heard about this employment vacancy.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
To apply please click here!