Operations and Program Manager- Agricultural Research and Development Program (ARDP) Working Title Department
1890 Land Grant Research Job Summary/Basic Function
The Operations and Program Manager- ARDP ( OPM -R) will be responsible for managing Agricultural Research and Development Program ( ARDP ) processes, procedures & protocols for procurement of equipment, supplies, and services for research related activities. A major function of the OPM -R will be to maintain budgets to ensure operational and organizational efficiency in close coordination with Director of Operations and Fiscal Affairs at CESTA . This position includes oversight and leadership in coordination with the Associate Director of Research of work items such as assistance with program development, and evaluation of day-to-day operations and fiscal accountability; including but not limited to, organizational management, human resource management; fiscal management; (and coordination of project activities with collaborating agencies for Central State University ARDP .)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and manage day-to-day operations.
• Provide leadership and direction in the areas of organizational policies, procedures, and practices for operational direction and fiscal management in ARDP .
• Works with Principal Investigators for the planning and procurement of specialized items. Person will not be responsible for upkeep of vehicles, tractors and farm implements.
• Oversee requisitions, review expense reports, and validate/approve invoices for payment.
• Duplicate of item below.
• Works with Principal Investigators (PI's) to ensure program funds are managed, expensed and monitored appropriately.
• Ensure budgetary funds are available for the different approved projects.
• Facilitate operational compliance with all funding agencies/sources; federal, state and local guidelines, standards, policies, protocols, and procedures.
• Assist the Associate Director of Research in management and execution of all aspects of operations of all research and facilities projects under the purview of ARDP which includes, preparation, planning, programmatic administration, implementation, and time-sensitive projects.
• Assist the Associate Director and Principal Investigators with interviewing, hiring and training and managing employee evaluation and disciplinary process. employees.
• Coordinate with the University's Human Resource Office on all personnel matters.
• Oversee the process for developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective communication, collaboration and follow through on operational initiatives, commitments and issues. Administrative Coordinator should do the day to day work.
• Administrative Coordinator duties. Facilities is indicated in another bullet point.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned by the Associate Director of Research. Minimum Qualifications
• An earned master's degree. At least 4 years of field experience in program development
• Knowledge and experience with business operations, education, administration, human resources, finance, and project management.
• Knowledge and experience in organizational planning and effectiveness.
• Demonstrated skills in the use of computers, including internet, word processing, graphic design, spreadsheets and database management programs.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Knowledge of financial/accounting principles and practices.
• Knowledge of accounts payable and receivables.
• Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner. Preferred Qualifications Posting Date
12/02/2020 Closing Date
01/15/2021 Open Until Filled
No Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a 12-month position. For further information, email Dr. Subramania Sritharan at email@example.com.
Central State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking candidates committed to working in a diverse environment. Position Category
Staff - Monthly (Exempt) Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Required Documents
- * What is the highest degree you hold?
- Completed all Doctorate coursework, but has not completed dissertation
- Master's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Assoicate's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
To apply please click here!