** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.Job Description Summary
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
Performs a variety of duties to protect members of the University community from harm; provides a high degree of security for University property, and that of students, employees, and visitors. Assists in all types of emergency situations and assures orderly movement of traffic on campus. Enforces North Carolina State Laws and City Ordinances.Job DescriptionEssential Functions:
- Patrols University property; conducts investigations of all accidents, crimes, and incidents by interviewing victims, witnesses, and suspects, through the identifications and collection of physical evidence.
- Responds to all emergency calls including potentially violent and life threatening situations.
- Provides crime prevention strategies, inspects University property for safety hazards, equipment malfunctions, unsecured doors or other unusual occurrences, refers victims to appropriate services, provides directions, escorts, vehicle and door unlocks assistance, operates necessary equipment.
- Maintains radio communications.
- Renders immediate and temporary medical aid to injured and or ill persons in emergency situations.
- Documents all activities and prepares written reports as required by departmental policy.
- Prosecutes offenders as necessary by filing criminal charges, referral to the appropriate University authorities.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Prepares and presents testimony in criminal, traffic, judicial hearings and grand jury.
- Attends advanced and specialized training activities.
- Reviews or oversees work of less-experienced officers in some circumstances.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED and two years of specialized training, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the University's automobile insurance.
- Must meet all requirements to become certified as a Law Enforcement Officer in accordance with the provisions of the "North Carolina Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards Commission" [Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) Certification].
- Knowledge of Federal Laws, North Carolina General Statutes, Winston Salem City ordinances and Wake Forest University policies.
- Ability to prepare written reports of activities and incidents with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to an often-changing working schedule, which may include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to complete A.S.P. baton, Capstun, First Aid, CPR, AED operation, Firearms Proficiency certification courses.
- Physical Requirements: medium work; exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, and Repetitive Motions. Possess visual acuity to operate motor vehicles, heavy equipment, and machinery and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned. Activities occur both inside and outside, subject to both environmental conditions. Subject to noise, vibrations, hazards, atmospheric conditions, and oils.
- Must have vision correctable to 20/20 and able to meet the color vision requirements listed by the North Carolina Training and Standards Commission.
Additional Job DescriptionTime Type Requirement
- Sworn law enforcement experience in a campus environment.
Full timeNote to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply. To apply please click here!