All Job Postings will close at 12:01a.m. on the specified Posting End Date (if designated). Job Posting Title:
Position Type: Professional / Unclassified
Department: LSUPBRC Clinic - Ingestive Behavior (Corby Kyle Martin (00009390))
Work Location: LSU - Pennington
Pay Grade: Other Academic
Seeking a post-doctoral fellow with a strong interest in clinical research in the areas of food intake assessment using food imaging technology, ingestive behavior, weight management, and health promotion. The fellow will participate in all aspects of clinical research, particularly those related to projects that are developing and validating methods to quantify food intake behaviors with smartphone apps. Additional work on apps designed to assess other ingestive behaviors, such as drinking alcohol or vaping, is likely. The fellow will also participate in seeking financial support for research, planning and designing studies, collection and analysis of data, and disseminating the findings. Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary. A doctoral degree in nutrition is preferred, though psychology, exercise science, kinesiology, or related fields ate acceptable. Computing experience is preferred.Job Responsibilities
- Will participate in the assessment of ingestive behaviors in the laboratory and free-living conditions, including via food photography.
- Will facilitate development, refinement, beta testing, and validity testing of smartphone apps that are intended to quantify food intake behaviors or other health behaviors.
- Will participate in additional photography-based methods to assess various food intake related behaviors, or other health behaviors, such as alcohol intake or vaping.
- Will facilitate execution and supervision of studies conducted in the laboratory and community.
- Will participate in the delivery of health promotion interventions, suck as exercise training, dietary interventions, and weight loss treatment.
- Will help in the design, planning, and execution of experimental studies and clinical trials.
- Will participate in preparation and submission of grant applications, scientific articles, and professional presentations.
- Normal demands of working in a laboratory and office setting. Some work in the community is likely.
Additional Job Description:
Special Instructions: Postdoctoral Fellow
Participates in all aspects of research being conducted in the laboratory.
Posting Date: August 28, 2019
Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date Specified):
Additional Position Information: Background Check -
An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.Benefits -
LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
Essential Position (Y/N): No
EEO Statement: LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity / equal access employer.
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.eduTo apply please click here!