Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Associate position (non-tenure track) with the Systems Software Research Group (http://www.ssrg.ece.vt.edu/)
in the Virginia Tech Bradley Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. The position involves conducting research in the space of systems software, with a particular focus on operating systems, virtualization, compilers, and language run-times. Research is intended to contribute to multiple externally sponsored projects that are focusing on designing scalable, secure, and energy-efficient operating system and virtualization infrastructures for emerging computer architectures.
The position's responsibilities include:
- conducting independent research in these spaces
- developing publications for journals, conferences, and workshops, and presenting papers at conferences and workshopsRequired Qualifications
- PhD in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or a related field with a systems background is required. Systems is broadly defined to include operating systems, hypervisors, compilers, and run-times.
- Publications in these areas and system building experience (e.g., Linux, FreeBSD, LLVM, JVM, etc) are necessary.
- Evidence of developing publications based on individual research.Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated creativity, independence, and high motivation
- Evidence of good project management and laboratory management skillsSalary Information
Commensurate with experienceReview Date
Application review will begin September 17, 2019. Additional Information
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction checkAbout Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT-serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.Advertised:
August 30, 2019 Applications close:To apply please click here!