All Job Postings will close at 12:01a.m. on the specified Posting End Date (if designated). Job Posting Title:
Position Type: Other Academic
Department: LSUAM Science - PA - Materials - Correlated Spins (Earl Ward Plummer (00011136))
Work Location: LSU - Baton Rouge
Pay Grade: Other Academic
Research in ultra-fast, nonlinear optics studies of the properties of complex materials, bulk, thin films and surfacesJob Responsibilities:
- Research in ultra-fast, nonlinear optical studies of materials :
- Second harmonic generation;
- Sum frequency generation;
- Pump-probe measurements of dynamics;
- Studies of magnetic phases;
- Supervision of the Laser laboratory;
- Writing scientific papers;
- Presenting talks at scientific meetings;
- Participating in other local, state, national and international developments in condensed matter physics;
- Supervise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students;
- Help to write new or renewal proposals and;
- Design and conduct experiments on new materials with new phases. Minimum Qualifications:
PhD degree in physics, chemistry or related field Preferred Qualifications :
Demonstrated experience optical systems and with UHV technology. Special or physical qualifications:
Must be able to travel to local, state, national and international conferences and workshops.
Additional Job Description:
Special Instructions: Please provide cover letter, resume, and three professional references. Please attach ALL required documents under the "Resume/CV" section of your application.
Transcripts may be submitted; however, original transcripts will be required prior hire. If the degree is not from the United States, a credential evaluation is required in addition to the official transcripts.
Posting Date: August 16, 2019
Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date Specified):
Additional Position Information: Background Check -
An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.Benefits -
LSU offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
Essential Position (Y/N): No
EEO Statement: LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity / equal access employer.
HCM Contact Information: Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.eduTo apply please click here!