Program Coordinator, Military & Veterans ServicesJob ID:
Kennesaw, GeorgiaFull/Part Time:
RegularAbout Us A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu. Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Plans and implements program initiatives for the assigned college, department, and/or unit. Participates in the generation of program resources, communication, design and development of operating goals, objectives, and protocols. Serves as primary point for program implementation and operational matters. Provides technical, professional and programmatic guidance, consultation, and support.This position is contingent upon funding from a non-university source and has a two-year commitment. Employment beyond the duration of the funding is not guaranteed. This position is subject to all Kennesaw State Universities' policies and regulations. Responsibilities
1. Develops, plans and coordinates the implementation and execution of programs, special projects, events and other initiatives designed to achieve the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the assigned program(s) and/or area(s)
2. Oversees and administers all facets and activities related to day-to-day operations of the assigned program(s)
3. Serves as liaison with internal and external clients on all matters relating to program activities
4. Provides and/or coordinates the provision of technical guidance, consultation, related support to clientele within area of program focus
5. Assists with forecast projections and budget for each fiscal year and evaluates progress towards financial goals
6. Prepares and delivers program presentations and collateral for program and events
7. Coordinates the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data, prepares comprehensive program reports and evaluation summaries
8. Coordinates and monitors social media presence and program outreach
9. May supervise and/or lead staff and/or students assistants, as assignedDEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for assisting with the operational management and strategic planning for KSU's Military & Veteran Services (MVS) at KSU.
2. Coordinates and organizes MVS programs/events to include KSU's Veterans Outdoor Adventures program, KSU's Annual Veterans Day events, etc.
3. Works with Admissions to coordinate information sessions for potential student veterans and dependents.
4. Plans and organizes office operations and serves as and additional point of contact for student veterans and dependents on the Kennesaw and Marietta campuses.
5. Helps plan, organize, and present educational programs, seminars, and events designed to educate students, faculty, and staff about better ways to support the student veterans.
6. Oversee community outreach initiatives to include the organization and planning that cultivates community partnership among alumni-veterans and off-campus stakeholders.
7. Maintains social media presence by developing and executing an integrated marketing plan that includes social media, web, brochures, press releases, bulletins, and newsletters
8. Responsible for maintaining an open line of communication with the Director, Assistant Director, and Transition Coordinator of MVS, at both campuses.
9. Takes an active role in national veteran programs.
10.Meets with students and families, including during evenings and on the weekends Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related fieldRequired Experience
One (1) years of related work experience Preferred Qualifications Additional Preferred Qualifications
Please refer to the department Position Description Addendum for specific duties as it relates to the assigned department, division, unit and/or collegePreferred Experience
Previous experience with program development and coordination
Previous experience in higher educationADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
: (Preferred qualifications)
Two (2) of honorable U.S. military service or dependent of a veteran with at least two (2) years of honorable U.S. military service
Basic knowledge of VA policies and procedures
Understanding of the unique experience veterans and active military students bring to campus
A demonstrated passion for and/or experience supporting student success in a diverse and complex environmentt Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
Able to devise, develop, collect and analyze statistical information and reports
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Ability to make administrative and/or procedural decisions and judgmentsKNOWLEDGE
Demonstrated professional knowledge and operational expertise within designated area of program focusSKILLS
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquetteDEPARTMENT SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES*: Basic understanding of the Military customs and courtesies.
Basic understanding of VA educational benefits and their policies. (Ch. 30, Ch. 1606, Ch. 33, Ch. 35, Ch. 31, etc.)
Working knowledge of higher education as it pertains to the VA educational community. (Includes active-duty service members, veterans, and dependents.)
Strong communication skills to include public speaking in both small and large group settings
Ability to be self-motivated and take initiative to complete tasks without direct supervision
Ability to work as a contributing member in a team-oriented environment, successfully interacting with internal and external colleagues and partners
Ability to coordinate use of the Owl Life student engagement software to create and publicize student programs and events, track student participation, and ensure compliance with divisional and university guidelines
Ability to provide support for other divisional priorities and initiatives beyond the scope of department, as requested
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=234748&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-41ca71ee6f87aa46abadba2e49661605 Posted: 01/14/2022