All employees are expected to support CWU’s commitment to diversity and to bring and support inclusion into the university environment The Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and executing projects. Disseminates workloads related to the project and maintains constant communication with team members, stakeholders and sponsors regarding status, communications, strategies, risks, issues and delivery dates. Working independently, this position has general discretion in applying project management knowledge to coordinate the activities of multiple projects and project team. The opportunity at Central Washington University presents the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the campus community by shaping the physical academic environment through innovative design & construction, sustainable practices, & creative pedagogy. Nestled in the valley of Kittitas County, CWU sits in the city of Ellensburg, that provides a slower pace of living, smaller population density and optimal work/life balance set to the traditional collegiate experience of the CWU Wildcat Spirit. This position is expected to end on June 30, 2023 when it is up for renewal, and it is contingent upon continued project(s) funding that occurs on a biannual basis from the Office of Financial Management (OFM) (Capital budget requests | Office of Financial Management). All employees are expected to support CWU’s commitment to diversity and to bring and support inclusion into the university environment.
- Meets with clients to ascertain project goals and deadlines
- Develops detailed project plans to monitor and track progress of projects
- Through the project management office, maintains project schedules, status reports, creative grids, etc.
- Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Ensures work is appropriately reviewed internally before presentation to client and delivery to printer
- Develops production plans for key clients, anticipating and planning workload and product delivery
- In coordination with department managers, leads the development of project plans for projects. Project planning will include:
- acilitate the definition of project scope, goals, stakeholders and deliverables
- define project tasks and resource requirements
- develop project plans, assemble and coordinate project staff
- manage project budget
plan and schedule project timelines
- provide direction and support to project team
- route and receive proofs and samples
- monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project output
Assist in the development and monitoring of vendor contracts
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Independently leads moderate to large sized team or teams on projects.
- Responsible for bringing assigned projects to completion.
- Develops project plans, determines project goals, establishes and maintains project schedules
- Identifies project team members (including functional and technical experts as needed for consultation), serves as liaison between project team(s) and functional and technical users
- Provides input and performs other functions in support of ongoing systems maintenance, enhancement, and other projects, including assistance with solution requests, business cases, and project portfolio management
- Coordinates project tasks such as scheduling project meetings and coordinating assignments, assisting with analysis, applying quality assurance standards, conducting fit and gap activities, and communicating status of project and project team activities to stakeholders
- Assists with documentation of project activities, results and works with training coordinators to identify, develop and provide user training
- Assists end users with access, retrieval and program support
- Provides assistance and support to university committee and sub committees
- Arranges and attends meetings, seminars, symposia and other events related to project efforts. Stays informed of developments in field
- Perform other duties as assigned
- For more information and to apply online please visit https://careers.cwu.edu (Search Job ID 4504)
- CWU is an EEO/AA/Title IX/Veteran/Disability Employer
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or closely related field plus one year minimum in construction, facility, or manufacturing management
- Knowledge of estimating, construction methods, generic engineering principles, equipment and technology
- Experience leading and advising members in the accomplishment of assigned projects and tasks, including project procedures and guidelines, and establishing collaboration amongst team members
- Excellent professional, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft software suite or similar software, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability and/or experience working with students and/or co-workers from a wide range of abilities, backgrounds and experiences
- OR any combination of education and/or experience which clearly demonstrates the ability to accomplish the essential functions of the position
- Certification in a Project Management related discipline
- Experience with capital projects
- Life experiences that demonstrate an ability to contribute to CWU‘s commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Ability to incorporate multicultural perspectives and issues into everyday conversations
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines, and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $63,776 - $79,720 annually
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) / This position is a project position. It is expected to end on June 30, 2023 and it is contingent upon continued project(s) and funding.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer workstation for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: https://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits
An employee of CWU may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program if the employee has student loans. To learn more, visit: https://ofm.wa.gov/state-human-resources/public-service-loan-forgiveness-program.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: December 7, 2021
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Delano Palmer
Title: Director of Capital Planning and Projects
Phone: (509) 963-2906
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21.14.1, CWU employees must be fully vaccinated no later than October 18, 2021. Your vaccine status will be verified if/when a job offer is made. Information about medical and religious accommodations are available here: www.cwu.edu/hr/. Failure to meet the vaccination policy (or approval of a medical or religious accommodation) will result in revocation of the offer.
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to sign a Sexual Misconduct disclosure in pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080 and submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.