CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: ENMU-Roswell is seeking a Psychology/Behavioral Science Instructor with the ability and desire to teach Psychology, Human Services, and other Behavioral Science courses. This is a full-time (10-month) faculty assignment and is a tenure-track position. This position will instruct the equivalent of 15 credit hours per semester at the Roswell Campus. Candidates must possess a strong commitment to teaching, working with a diverse population, and the community and technical college mission. ENMU-Roswell is especially interested in candidates who are capable of teaching both Psychology and Human Services courses. This position reports to the AVP of Arts & Science Education. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for effectively preparing, teaching, grading, and assessing student learning in courses assigned.
- Create and model a quality learning environment to support a diverse student population including students with disabilities or special learning needs.
- The ability to use Blackboard/Canvas for communication and feedback, curriculum development, course design and delivery, and student outcome assessment.
- Working knowledge of learning management systems in addition to face-to-face and innovative technology-based instructional delivery approaches.
- Maintain an emphasis on student success and retention through active and collaborative learning strategies, regular office hours, student advising, institutional service/committee work, community service, and professional development.
- Utilize a variety of technology-based programs to access and input information related to student records and college/school/department processes.
- Assist students with registration, advising, and graduation processes.
- Structure classes and curriculum to correspond with program and course outcomes.
- Prepare, distribute and utilize instructional support materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials, instructional media and other devices as appropriate.
- Attend in-service sessions, campus/department meetings, graduation and convocation as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- M.A. in Psychology, Behavioral Health, Counseling, Family Studies, Human Development, Human Services, or Psychiatry.
- At least two years of teaching experience at the secondary or post-secondary level.
- Experience and interest in working with diverse student populations.
- Ability to use word processing, basis internet applications, basic database navigation, and a learning management system.
- Ability to teach face-to-face, virtual, and hybrid formats.
- Ph.D. in related fields.
- Additional 18 hours in Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, or Social Work.
- Experience working at an HSI.