Bethany College seeks qualified candidates for the position of Registrar. Teaching and Learning form the Mission at Bethany College. This position is responsible for maintaining and managing the academic records of the College and provides essential support to the students, faculty, Provost, and Cabinet of Bethany College. The Registrar must possess an appropriate and positive demeanor as well as strong interpersonal, organizational and decision-making skills. We are looking for a trained professional who can maintain accurate records and executive vital processes in a timely fashion; who can gather, organize, and communicate data to a broad array of offices; and who can initiate strategic, collaborative conversations that will leverage data to pursue effective strategic initiatives.
The search for this position is open immediately and will remain open until filled. Please provide a substantive letter of application, a current CV/resumé, 3 letters of recommendation, and unofficial copies of both graduate and undergraduate transcript via email to BCregistrar2021@bethanywv.edu with "Application for Registrar Position" in the subject line. Additional materials including official transcripts demonstrating completion of degrees will be requested of final candidates.
Bethany College is a national liberal arts college located on a beautiful and historic 1,300 acre mountaintop campus in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia, approximately 40 miles west of downtown Pittsburgh. The state’s oldest private college, Bethany offers a wide array of B.A. and B.S. programs in more than 25 fields of study. Bethany is proud to have a particularly diverse student body with more than 30% students of color and more than 50% first generation college students. Bethany College actively seeks a diverse faculty and staff. Bethany is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Registrar maintains the student registration, student information, and academic records of Bethany College. The Registrar reports directly to the Provost.
Specific Responsibilities include
• Assists in the development and implementation of academic and curricular polices and processes relative to student records, classes, calendars, transcripts, graduation requirements, and the College catalog;
• Supervises the coordination, evaluation and certification of all graduation applications. Responsible for the production of diplomas. Participates in commencement planning activities;
• Certifies degrees upon recommendation of the faculty.
• Responsible for the collection, maintenance and reporting of student data within FERPA guidelines. This includes grades, registration data, transcripts, verification, and athletic eligibility;
• Actively participates in internal and external audits that involve enrollment records, degree records, Veteran records, immigration statuses, etc. Provides accurate documentation required for compliance purposes;
• Provides leadership and develops appropriate recommendations for the implementation of and training in Ellucian Self-Service functions related to enrollment, graduation audit, and academic advising and actively participates in campus technology planning;
• Manages the College catalog annual review and update processes and works with the Associate Provost and others to implement new catalog software;
• Works closely with partners in Enrollment, Institutional Research, and IT on the provision of data to a wide range of constituents and facilitates the transition from incoming deposited students to active enrollment;
• Researches, analyzes and resolves disputes as they relate to records, registration, and scheduling; troubleshoots a variety of issues for students, staff, faculty, and alumni;
• Oversees the development of materials and trainings campus-wide that promote a full understanding of systems and procedures relative to the operations of the Registrar's office, registration, advising, and graduation audit;
• Maintains an active knowledge of best practices through involvement with state and national associations of collegiate registrars and advises campus constituencies on these practices to improve Bethany’s operations;
• Administers the departmental budget;
• Sits on the Student Success Team and actively participates in College-wide student success and retention initiatives;
• Serves as an ex-officio member of the Curriculum and Academic Standards Committees;
• Verifies high school transcripts collected for all students and evaluates transfer credits.
• Manages classroom reservations and coordinates the schedule and assignments of written and oral comprehensive examinations;
• Serves as a DSO SEVIS official and partner with the Office of International Education to facilitate the processing of I-20s and processes involving international students;
• Serves as campus official for Workforce Investment Act for West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Ohio;
• Additional duties as assigned by the Provost.Posted: 10/06/2021