- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified. Job Description Summary
Responsible for the service of food and beverages. Job Description*Please note: evening and weekend availability is required.Essential Functions:
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Serves food and beverages in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Relays any customer complaints, regardless of magnitude to the Supervisor.
- Inspects food and products from kitchen for quality.
- Sets up dining tables and ensures all items are appropriately placed.
- Becomes familiar with prices of drinks and items in certain menus.
- Writes all checks clearly and legibly in ink; understands the pre-check system procedures.
- Displays a professional and courteous image on a formal basis with guests.
- High school diploma and one year of related experience in the hospitality industry or restaurant environment, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to up-sell items such as alcohol, cigars, coffee products, etc.
- Ability to present, open, and pour wine.
- Knowledge of fine dining etiquette.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
medium work; climbing, crouching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing. Visual acuity to determine neatness and thoroughness of work assignments. Subject to both inside and outside activities. Additional Job DescriptionTime Type Requirement
Part time Note to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.