AT Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) is looking for a responsible administrative assistant to provide administrative and clerical support for the SOMA Dean’s Office, SOMA faculty, and staff. In addition to typing, filing expense/travel documentation, scheduling Zoom meetings and setting up the meetings, this individual would perform duties such as recordkeeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, distributing mail to faculty and staff, shipping/receiving of packages, plus working on special projects. This individual will be able to provide independent judgment, which is required to plan, and prioritize a diversified workload.Major Job Duties:
Education and Experience:
- Responsible for monitoring the workflow of the pre-approval/approval/processing of expense and travel requests
- Manage, schedule, prepare, and submit travel reimbursements for SOMA Dean(s), Department Chairs
- Manage the credentialing process for all faculty to ensure we meet Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) accreditation requirements for hiring and maintaining compliance
- Keep track of current curriculum vitae, board certifications, medical licenses for all SOMA clinical faculty
- Letter template preparation for the chair of residency applications and letters of recommendation.
- Prepare supply orders, assist faculty and staff with office supplies
- Provide back-up for the OMM Center office manager
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the SOMA Dean’s Office and the Director of Operations
- Be the first contact for the Dean’s office for all deans, faculty, staff, and students; able to handle administrative requests
- Protect faculty, staff, and student rights by maintaining the confidentiality of all information pertaining to University business
- Monitor the workflow of requests for travel and purchases; responsible for receiving and processing pre-approvals in a timely manner and ability to provide employee updates on purchases, travel requests, and reimbursements in a timely manner
- Cross-train basics of purchase and travel process
- Document all-expense/travel transactions for department budget tracking
- Perform duties such as recordkeeping, distribution of mail to faculty and staff, as well as shipping/receiving packages
- Prepare supply orders; assist faculty and staff with office supplies
- Schedule Zoom meetings and set up the meetings, prepare the meeting room
- Coordinate meetings/conferences/special events; Assist the Executive Assistant with Gala, Commencement, Orientation, White Coat Ceremony, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Personal Characteristics or Traits:
- High school plus one year technical training or schooling.
- Must have two to three years’ experience in an office environment or large medical practice business background with experience in higher education.
- Two to three years experience in an office environment or medical school.
- Experience working in a medical or academic setting preferred, with knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Basic computer skills; Internet; Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; professional communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic business functions, e.g., preparation of correspondence, reports, etc.
- Operation of basic office equipment (PC, printer/copier/scanner).
- Excellent computer skills required to set up document formats in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, and any other software program required by the position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including editing, for in-person, phone and correspondence.
- Ability to follow directions and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines.
- Ability to manage detail-oriented assignments and be flexible with job assignments.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to solve practical problems, sometimes under great pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with faculty/staff/students in a professional manner.
- A high degree of confidentiality.
- Experience interacting with internal and community affiliates.
- Ability to follow and share information regarding university policy and procedure.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking.
Strong communication & leadership skills. Work as a team member. Strong attention to detail. Ability to solve problems quickly and accurately. Able to receive constructive feedback and apply it effectively.QualificationsEducation
Some college or better.
High School or better.SkillsProblem Solving Ability
\nExperience in business or academic office setting and interacting with internal and community affiliates. Posted: 10/19/2021