Systems Support Analyst (IT)
ASU is the largest state university and has for the last 7 years in a row been recognized by US News and World Report as the most innovative university.
The University Technology Office, (UTO) helps ASU create and maintain innovative technology solutions and services that advance learning and discovery at the University and is at the forefront of developing IT platforms and tools that add value to the student experience.
UTO ECS Desktop Services is seeking a Systems Support Analyst. As part of the UTO, the primary duty of this position is to provide endpoint support to faculty and staff by utilizing hardware, software and troubleshooting expertise. Performs a variety of activities necessary to provide desktop and software application support to end users to ensure proper and effective operations.
As with everyone in the UTO family, our intentional focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as well as culture and communications are core responsibilities in this role. With an increased emphasis on authenticity, compassion, and inclusivity, this position strives to embody and advance our UTO Positive Core.
ASU offers a total compensation package that includes valuable employee benefits. Click here to explore options.
UNIV TECHNOLOGY OFFICE
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$53,650 per year
- Receives, responds to and monitors status of work-order requests for technical assistance
- Updates ticket system to reflect activities performed and status of request to ensure timely completion of work order in accordance with established policy
- Configures both local and multi-platform personal computer systems and PDA's
- Installs software and establishes connection to network(s) in accordance with specified standards
- Manages Active Directory domain users, computers and security groups
- Installs and/or replaces hardware and associated devices including, but not limited to: network cards, hard-drives and removable disk drives
- Orders warranty parts and refers warranty hardware problems to vendor
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems by performing a variety of diagnostic procedures to identify appropriate corrective measures
- Actively participates in deployment and relocation of computers and associated peripheral equipment
- Tests upgrades and/or patches to software prior to rollout; prepares report of findings; Provides application assistance to end user as requested; replicates errors, re-sets computers and printers
- Connects individual and networked devices to computers; performs initial connectivity test to ensure proper connectivity
- Performs a variety of acceptance testing procedures of newly acquired hardware to ensure proper operations
- Maintains inventory of all loaned laptops, desktop and peripheral equipment and accessories
- Initiates requests for replacements to ensure availability in accordance with established policy and standards
- Traces and trouble-shoots network connectivity problems; notifies appropriate responsible unit(s) based on findings
- Provides consultation on both hardware and software purchases.
- Creates, updates, and maintains technical documentation for use within the group as well as outside entities
- Provides data recovery on failed storage media when necessary
- Collaborates with other groups to troubleshoot and resolve wide-scale problems
- Trains and directs student employees
- Takes responsibility for fostering culture, advancing our values, and championing engagement in all its forms -- collaborating across our teams as well as participating in UTO/ASU events and programs. Demonstrates commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment. Advances our UTO Affirmative Pledge.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or closely related AND four (4) years providing desktop diagnostic and trouble-shooting support; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Strong knowledge of cross-platform technical troubleshooting
- Experience with Active Directory, SCCM and JAMF
- Working knowledge of Audio/Visual technologies
- Experience with fostering and maintaining customer partnerships
- Experience with remote support tools
- Experience with mass computer deployment in an enterprise environment
- Extensive knowledge of Dell and Apple devices
- Experience using an inventory management system to track equipment
- Working knowledge of network file shares and network printers
- Strong knowledge to resolve hardware and software problems
- Experience identifying problem sources and methods of solution
- Experience in Network Print Server Configuration Setup and Troubleshooting
- Experience configuring and using Outlook client in an Exchange environment
- Experience troubleshooting network issues
- Experience in PC Image deployment and testing
- Experience in basic project management (organize and schedule tasks, prioritize)
- Experience creating and writing kb articles, policies and standards
- Experience presenting in groups and training staff;
- Experience in VPN Secure Connection configuration
- Working knowledge of server-client model in enterprise environment
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical users
- Ability to model empathy, compassion and emotional intelligence
- Experience working in a values-led organization, emphasizing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to help foster a safe psychological space for all teammates where everyone can thrive
- Ability to stimulate changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
- Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking; frequent physical demands may include stooping, bending, crawling under/around objects, reaching, lifting and pushing objects of varying weights up to 50 pounds; regularly required to work in cramped and enclosed areas and exposure to variations in temperature when deploying equipment. Regular review of completed tasks.
The University Technology Office (UTO) embraces its role as both an enabler and catalyst for advancing the vision and work of the New American University. We are a values-driven organization. Our commitments are reflected in all of the work we do in pursuit of operational excellence, the experience and delight of our community, and our strategic and innovation initiatives. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Join the team that sparks human-centered innovation
UTO is a rapidly reconfigurable and entrepreneurial organization at ASU that prioritizes and executes to meet the needs of our community of learners, faculty, researchers and staff. Our work emphasizes autonomy, flexibility and distributed decision-making to leverage the strengths of individuals. Together, we embrace a culture that nurtures, engages and embraces diverse voices with a shared lens of positive community impact and expanded opportunities for collaboration.
Why join us?
Mission oriented. Everything we do is to advance ASU’s charter -- measuring who we include and how they succeed. We are staunch champions of learner success and put people first.
Flexibility. Our hybrid work environment prioritizes personal autonomy and trust around how work gets done. Staff touch base in person a few times per week with freedom to decide how, when and where.
Culture forward. We embrace a Positive Core culture: Belonging, Relational, Authentic, Visionary and Empowered. The UTO fabric weaves together diversity, equity and inclusion applied in our daily work and interactions.
Scale of impact. Our work changes the world. With 180k+ learners, faculty, researchers and staff, working with UTO means you have the capacity to improve many lives and entire communities.
World-class, low cost education. Our professional development is built in! UTO encourages staff to seek additional certificates and degrees via ASU’s top ranked programs with major tuition breaks.
Exposure to industry giants. UTO partners with Amazon, Apple, Cox, Verizon, Salesforce, Alteryx and a diversity of technology companies to enhance our innovations and deepen their impact.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
- Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
- Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
- Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States.
- If you are an ASU internal applicant, please click on the ASU Employees link located on the Careers at ASU webpage to apply.
- ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
- Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.