Network Services & Operations
This position is responsible for designing, building, and integrating new technology solutions as well as the maintenance of existing systems and related infrastructure. This position will provide strategic direction and oversight of network, systems, applications, and infrastructure services.
1. Provide strategic direction and oversight of network, systems, applications, and infrastructure services.
2. Work closely with the CIO and other ITS directors to plan, strategize, and ensure key initiatives are developed and completed.
3. Working with the department's leadership, set direction and vision for support for third-party, on premise, and cloud applications and services.
4. Research current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development practices.
5. Identify opportunities for improvements, expansion, and/or reduction of services that meet the changing needs of the enterprise and Tennessee Tech's strategic initiatives.
6.Operationala. Execute the implementation of storage, compute, and network related projects and services.
b. Provide effective management and oversight of cloud service offerings and service providers.
c. Working with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), ensure mitigation of security vulnerabilities and risks across managed systems, applications, and services.
d. Develop, maintain and monitor effective operation's processes to prevent failures of infrastructure, systems, applications and services.
e. Develop and drive a technical community across the organization that fosters innovation, agile design and test methodology, flexible teaming, knowledge sharing and talent transformation.
7. Planninga. Collaborate with the CIO as appropriate to develop and design the most appropriate technology & service deliverables.
b. Responsible for defining the enterprise architecture and technology review process.
c. Working with ITS Leadership in planning, implementation, and documentation of disaster recovery and business continuity efforts; ensuring that institutional data is managed, archived, and stored securely in both local and offsite repositories.
d. Direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation, and use of IT at the university.
a. Hire, supervise, develop, evaluate, mentor and coach staff. Cultivate an environment of continual learning and growth for group members
b. Develop and document departmental procedures and best practices.
9. Budgetarya. Administer, track, and control the infrastructure and related annual operating and capital budgets.
b. Assist in the analysis and evaluation of cost recovery, cost/benefit, and other quality management/assessment approaches for IT services.
10. Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related field. At least 5 years of experience in management of professional technical staff positions. At least 5 years of experience working within an enterprise grade infrastructure or systems group. Demonstrated increasing level of responsibility in leadership roles.
Advanced degree in an information technology discipline or MBA. Experience in a higher education environment. Demonstrated experience effectively developing, communicating and implementing strategic objectives. Knowledge of Cloud-Service SLAs and vendor management, reporting applications, monitoring tools, system configuration best practices, network and security credentials systems, Microsoft Office, cloud services including SaaS/PaaS/IaaS, disaster recovery and business continuity best practices. Demonstrated experience with data center, network design, and/or application services and technologies. Demonstrated ability to apply best practices in project management and timely deliverables, and the ability to prioritize projects and manage resources.
Typical Work Hours of 8:00 AM 4:30 PM
Compensation and Benefits
Commensurate with education and experience.
Tennessee Tech offers a competitive benefits package. Benefits include the accumulation of two vacation days per month and one sick leave day per month, and thirteen University holidays. Other benefits include medical and life insurance (shared cost with the university), retirement, optional 401k, and educational benefits.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to electronically upload a cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire), and complete contact information for three references. References will be contacted at a later date. Submission of materials is the applicant's responsibility. Applications without all required materials are incomplete and will not be considered.
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Other Documents
- Other Documents 2
- Other Documents 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have at last a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related field?
- * Do you have at least five years of experience in management of professional technical staff positions?
- * Do you have at least five years of experience working within an enterprise grade infrastructure or systems group?
- * How did you hear about this job opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)