Tenure Track Epidemiology Faculty (45415)Job DetailsJob Location
: UHSP main campus - St. Louis, MOPosition Type
: Faculty (Tenure track, full-time)Education Level
: DoctorateTravel Percentage
: NegligibleJob Category
: Academic - Teaching, research, serviceSummary
Are you interested in advancing health equity and having a global impact? The University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis (UHSP) recently made a multi-million dollar investment to launch the College of Global Population Health
, the first of its kind in the US with a global emphasis on population health. The vision of the college is to transform the health outcomes of populations near and far to create a more equitable future for all.
We are hiring a team of founding faculty and staff to develop our academic programs, promote interdisciplinary research that advances health equity, and engage with communities worldwide to address locally identified needs. The college offers undergraduate degree programs in public health, data science, and healthcare administration management, along with a master's degree and graduate certificates in global health and equity.
We are looking for a 12 month tenure track assistant/associate professor faculty member in epidemiology
with equal research (40%) and teaching responsibilities (40%) with the remainder being dedicated towards service, including community engagement (20%).
QualificationsTo be successful in this role you will need:
- Research should be collaborative and interdisciplinary that contributes towards one or more of the following: health services research, health data science, implementation science, health equity, and health outcomes research. You should demonstrate the potential to secure extramural funding for assistant professors or have a track record of funding for associate professors. Startup packages available.
- You will teach up to two courses per semester with a focus on developing new courses in public health at both the undergraduate and graduate level, including electives.
- Service responsibilities include responsibilities to the College, University, and to the broader community locally and globally.
If this sounds like the job for you here is information on how to apply:
- Doctorate degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, or related field
- Interdisciplinary research experience, locally and/or globally
- Champion of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Desire to be part of and contribute to a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive startup environment that strengthens a sense of belonging for all: flexible, collaborative, team-oriented, with strong project management
- Community engagement and partnership development experience with diverse stakeholders
- Passionate about student career development, advising, and the student experience
- Online teaching and experience developing courses
Follow the simple steps to apply online. With your application please submit a CV and cover letter. We will be reviewing candidates on a rolling basis with intent to begin interviews in July. You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as you are able for early consideration. For questions regarding the College of Global Population Health faculty searches, please contact Pamela.Xaverius@uhsp.edu
UHSP offers a great benefits
package including excellent, affordable health insurance, dental, vision, University-paid life and disability insurance, voluntary coverage, retirement match, and generous parental and caregiver leave, personal and University holiday, sick and vacation time. Faculty positions are eligible for faculty development and travel funds and relocation benefits. Enhanced packages are available for faculty starting early in the fall 2022 semester.About University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis:
UHSP has been training health professionals since 1864 and is ranked number one by Georgetown University's Center on Education and the Workforce for return on investment 15+ years after enrollment. The University has a vibrant campus life, more than 30,000 square feet of research space, and is featured in the National Science Foundation's Higher Education Research and Development Survey. The college will pursue accreditation from the Council on Education in Public Health (CEPH) and is a member of the Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH).AA/EOE Statement:
University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis values the benefits of a diverse student body and workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as someone with a disability. The University's employment policy shall be supported through a continuing affirmative action commitment that embodies the standards of equal employment opportunities for all persons. EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled.To apply, visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=45415&clientkey=1E3AC297F410A99B94DEBF41FE3F4AF6University of Health Sciences & Pharmacy in St. Louis values the benefits of a diverse student body and workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. The Universitys employment policy shall be supported through a continuing affirmative action commitment that embodies the standards of equal employment opportunities for all persons. EOE/M/F/Veteran/Disabled.Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
jeid-6532c6a91f4fb44ba1e6fc2ef1d2affc Posted: 08/17/2022