Postdoctoral Research AssociateAgency
Texas A&M University Health Science CenterDepartment
Microbial Pathogenesis And ImmunologyProposed Minimum Salary
Bryan, TexasJob Type
StaffJob Description What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values .Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery.What we want
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to serve as a member of the research laboratory team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring an advanced level of molecular biology experience to the position and understand the demands of supporting executives in a fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.Required Education:Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced ability in molecular biology techniques.
- Proficient in techniques relating to protein expression, purification and characterization.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in molecular biology and protein engineering techniques.
- Track-record of productive biochemical lab experience including cloning, protein expression (bacterial and/or mammalian), protein purification, and/or biophysical characterization.
- Experience with ribosome- and/or mRNA display technologies.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communities.
- Possess a good understanding of all protein engineering techniques.
- Passionate about therapeutic protein engineering.
- Enjoy taking calculated risks and operating with urgency.
Instructions to Applicants:
- Design and conduct the majority of the bench work associated with this project. Responsible for performing experiments.
- Assist with research by integrating tools from protein engineering, e.g. phage display, yeast display, high-throughput screening and structure-based protein design, with those applied in virology, bacteriology and immunology for the engineering of medicinal proteins.
- Responsible for performing primary data analysis and initial preparation of manuscripts and presentations.
- Compose and edit manuscripts related to ongoing projects as a lead author and completing project progress reports to ensure continuation of project funding. Will assist the PI in gathering relevant material for writing research grant and participate in grant writing.
- Assist and train other members in the lab to successfully execute their research projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institutions verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institutions procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity. To apply please click here!