Postdoctoral Research Associate: HETAgency
Texas A&M UniversityDepartment
Physics And AstronomyProposed Minimum Salary
College Station, TexasJob Type
StaffJob Description Our Commitment
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values . Who we are
The Department of Physics and Astronomy is home to internationally leading research in astronomy, atomic physics, quantum optics, condensed matter physics, high energy physics, nuclear physics, and related areas. We offer our students a variety of graduate and undergraduate degree options. Many more students from all disciplines receive basic training in sciences in our state-of-art teaching facilities. Our department is committed to giving back to society through our numerous outreach events. What we want
This postdoctoral research associate conducts research in high energy physics theory. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity. What you need to know Cover Letter/Resume/References:
A cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (to include at least one previous supervisor) are strongly recommended. You may upload all three on the application under CV/Resume or upon answering the questionnaire you may attach the documents. COVID-19 information:
Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes to align with local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing to the extent possible. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process. Required Education:Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Ability to work with high-energy theorists and experimentalists
- Computational and theoretical skills necessary to perform original research in high energy physics
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- PhD in high-energy physics
- Research experience in high-energy, dark matter, and neutrino physics theory; strong research publication record
- Theoretical and data analysis skill
- Research - Perform research in high energy physics; publish papers on topics in dark matter and neutrino physics; analyze data from accelerator experiments to search for new physics in the form of non-standard neutrino interactions and dark matter. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Organizational - Organize high-energy phenomenology seminars and workshops at Mitchell Institute.
Instructions to Applicants:
- Mentoring - Advise students on research projects.
Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institutions verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institutions procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity. To apply please click here!