Postdoctoral Research AssociateAgency
Texas A&M University Health Science CenterDepartment
Microbial Pathogenesis And ImmunologyProposed Minimum Salary
Bryan, TexasJob Type
StaffJob Description What we believe
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Who we are
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to improve health through transformative education, innovative research and team-based health care delivery. What we want
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to serve as a member of the College of Medicines research laboratory team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring related experience in financial matters and understand the demands of supporting executives in a fast-paced environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.Job Description Summary:
The Postdoctoral Research Associate will be responsible for applying state-of-the-art molecular, cell biological and scRNA-seq techniques to elucidate fundamental problems in host-pathogen interactions, including interactions between animal and/or human cells and bacterial, fungal and/or viral pathogens. The highly interdisciplinary, collaborative and fast-paced project will interrogate interactions between bacterial, fungal, or viral pathogens and host cells at single cell resolution.Required Education:Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Superb communication and record-keeping skills.
- Ability to work with computers and software applications, including MS Word, Excel, and Photoshop.
- Ability to work in a BSL2 environment, with bacterial, fungal and viral pathogens.
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- PhD in a life science discipline.
- Strong track-record of peer-reviewed publications in the life sciences.
- Experience in microbiology, host-pathogen interactions, cell or molecular biology, biochemistry, confocal microscopy, automated image acquisition, murine studies, and/or flow cytometry.
- Expertise in working with viral, fungal and bacterial pathogens.
- Expertise in the genetic engineering of human cell lines.
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communities.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, deadline-oriented research environment.
Instructions to Applicants:
- Perform basic research to support overall project goals.
- Keep detailed records of findings and prepare periodic reports, including manuscripts, and describing research progress. Prepare manuscripts for publication. Attend conferences.
- Support collaborative interactions with other research team members. Mentor graduate students and trainees. Attend meetings, journal clubs, seminars and other departmental activities.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the peer reviewed literature that pertains to the overall project goals and specific tasks required of the project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institutions verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institutions procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity. To apply please click here!