Software Applications Developer IIAgency
Texas A&M UniversityDepartment
Division Of Student Affairs It SupportProposed Minimum Salary
College Station, TexasJob Type
StaffJob Description Our Commitment
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values . Who we are
The Department of Information Technology (DOIT) contributes to Texas A&Ms student learning and development by providing specialized and dependable technology solutions for student affairs professionals across the divisions 17 departments. We aspire to be the IT partner of choice for our customers by leveraging our unique knowledge of student affairs, IT service management, and Business integrations to provide exceptional business value to customers. ( https://doit.tamu.edu/ ) What we want
The DSA Department of IT is seeking a Software Applications Developer II to perform application design, development, testing and support for custom innovative web applications. We have mature processes for the full software development life cycle. We use formal project management including Agile methodologies in a highly collaborative development environment for a variety of large and complex projects that help enrich student experience in the university community. Come join our growing team. What You Need To Know Salary Range:
Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes to align with local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process. Required Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of software applications developer experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of PHP and SQL
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Knowledge of advanced analysis, troubleshooting, problem-solving, client relations skills, requirement assessment and analysis, project management methodology, and proficiency of the Information Technology Interface Library (ITIL)
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Work nights and weekends as needed.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- Experience developing dynamic web applications and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Agile Scrum development process
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Experience with PHP Laravel.
- Application Maintenance - Assists with application maintenance by identifying emerging issues and developing corrective strategies, and specifically provides technical guidance and/or training to application users to ensure the success of an application. Performs peer reviews and analysis of software documentation and production results to facilitate problem resolution. Maintains and enhances developed programs, software packages, database objects and web applications to meet users needs. Uses change management best practices including maintaining version control with code repository. Ensures that supported web applications are compliant with any changes to University policies, procedures or standards regarding security or accessibility .
- Reporting - Records progress of work assignments in tracking tools to facilitate reports and summaries for management and/or users including status reports, problem reports, project/progress summaries and utilization reports .
- Department Objectives - Maintains a positive relationship with other departments and personnel that will assist in the development, funding, promotion, and/or public relations of the Department of IT. Supports the success and objectives of the Department of IT.
- General - Participates in training and professional development sessions.
Instructions to Applicants
- Other - Performs other duties as assigned.
: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institutions verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institutions procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity. To apply please click here!