Registered Nurse IIAgency
Texas A&M UniversityDepartment
Dean Of EducationProposed Minimum Salary
College Station, TexasJob Type
StaffJob Description Our Commitment
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values . Who we are
The College of Education and Human Development at Texas A&M University has been transforming lives for 50 years. Now the 4th largest college at Texas A&M University with over 6,000 enrolled students, we are not just a school for teachers. We are a school for leaders in not just in education, but also business, sport, health, and government. To learn more, visit us at https://education.tamu.edu/about/ What we want
The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity. What you need to know
This is a part-time position.COVID-19 information:
Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes to align with local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing to the extent possible. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process.Required Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate's degree or equivalent education and experience
- Two years of experience as a Registered Nurse
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Good assessment skills
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership and management, and promote positive rapport and relationships with patients, peers, and guests
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Must be licensed by the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and CPR certification
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in Nursing
- IV and phlebotomy experience
- Computer documentation experience
- Contact with elderly patients and experience with clinical research
- Two years of clinical healthcare experience with patients, assessments, and documentation as a Registered Nurse
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- Satisfactory telephone and computer skills
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Instructions to Applicants
- Interaction with Research Participants - Assists with the selection, enrollment, education, testing, data entry, and monitoring of research project participants. Evaluates potential risks to patients and staff and initiates resolution through effective education and change process. Provides nursing care, patient evaluations, and treatment in accordance with Professional Nursing Standards to research subjects enrolled in studies, maintaining continual clinical assessment of research subjects (e.g. vital signs, placement and care of IV catheters, IM/subcutaneous/IV administration of research and pharmaceutical medications, blood/fat/muscle sample collection and processing per protocol, body composition and exercise testing).
- Clinic Coordination - Coordinates, oversees and implements medical care of subjects involved in the conduct of multiple research projects, fully integrated with applicable research management systems and processes, as well as the practice of nursing. Assists with the day-to-day operations for the assigned area in the clinic and supervises assigned staff.
- Administrative - Oversees the administrative functions of clinical research studies. Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge or research protocols. Executes assigned protocols in accordance with research-governing entity requirements, including but not limited to Sponsor, FDA and IRB requirements.
- Other - Performs other duties as assigned.
: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
The Registered Nurse II for the Center for Translational Research on Aging and Longevity (CTRAL) who, under general supervision, provides study subject care, evaluations, and treatment. Will assist with the day-to-day operations for the assigned area in the clinic and supervise assigned staff.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institutions verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institutions procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity. To apply please click here!