Software Application Developer IIAgency
Texas A&M UniversityDepartment
Vice Pres For ResearchProposed Minimum Salary
$4,286.59 monthlyJob Location
College Station, TexasJob Type
StaffJob Description Our Commitment
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values . Who we are
The Division of Research is committed to a truly comprehensive university where students, researchers, and inventors bring scholarship and innovation to bear for the benefit of the community, the state, and the nation. Texas A&Ms research creates new knowledge that provides basic, fundamental, and applied contributions resulting, in many cases, in economic benefits to the state, nation and world. What we want
must be a U.S candidate which includes: U.S citizens, lawful permanent residents (i.e Green Card holders), and certain categories including refugees and asylees. Cover Letter/Resume/References:
A cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (to include at least one previous supervisor) are strongly recommended. You may upload all three on the application under CV/Resume or upon answering the questionnaire you may attach the documents. Salary Range:
$51,438.85 - $60,174.40 COVID-19 information:
Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes to align with local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing to the extent possible. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process. Required Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of software applications developer experience
Other Requirements or Other Factors:
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Must be a U.S. person as defined by U.S. Export control regulations
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Unix/Linux/FreeBSD and to a lesser degree Windows environments
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Subversion or GIT
- Understanding and ability to manipulate CSS
- Personal or professional experience in working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Development - Reviews, designs, codes, and tests complex programs, program modifications, or applications. Develops specifications based on input from the customer. Acts as primary developer and liaison to technical team for application development related to granting of access and control of access to research resources (primarily lab environments). Acts as primary developer to research compliance related third party products. Develops mechanisms to expose appropriate research compliance related data to internal and external sources as required.
- Software Analysis and User Consultation - Evaluates software products and programming languages to determine their applicability to a specific system and/or project. Confers with users to review project plans and schedules, secure approval of test results and discuss problems or concerns. Reviews and analyzes software documentation and production results to facilitate problem resolution.
- Design Documentation and Scheduling - Creates complex design documents. Assists project leader with developing work plan and time schedules for computing projects including outlining phases and identifying personnel and computing equipment requirements.
- Project Coordination - Coordinates the technical activities of a small project or team; assists and mentors other employees in resolving various issues.
Instructions to Applicants:
- Reporting and Planning - Participates with management personnel in planning, direction, and coordinating operational and/or procedural matters to meet goals and objectives; may produce reports and summaries for management and/or users including status reports, problem reports, progress summaries, and system utilization reports. Performs other duties as assigned.
Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institutions verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institutions procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity. To apply please click here!