Equestrian Camp Counselor Agency
Texas A&M University Department
Athletic Director Proposed Minimum Salary
Commensurate Job Location
, Job Type
Temporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term) Job DescriptionOur Commitment Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values. Who we are
Texas A&M Athletics department is committed to building champions through academic achievement, athletic excellence, and national recognition of student-athletes, teams, and programs. We are a proud member of the Southeastern Conference, with more than 650 Texas A&M student-athletes competing at the NCAA Division 1-A level in 20 varsity sports. What we want
At the direction of the camp director(s), provide instruction, demonstration and teaching the sport's dynamics to campers. Provide supervision of campers during all activities, free times and in dormitories/camp housing. The selected candidate(s)will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity. What you need to knowCOVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes to align with local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing to the extent possible. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process.Required Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous high school (or higher level) coaching experience or playing experience
Other Requirements or Other Factors:
- Ability to follow directions
- Must be available to work days, evenings, and/or weekends
- Requires the ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Must have extensive horse experience and knowledge of NCAA equestrian rules and regulations
Texas A&M University provides free on-line courses to full-fill these requirements.Responsibilities:
- Must complete a Child Protection Training (course 2111652) approved by the Texas Department of Health Services (TDHS) prior to working camp.
- Must complete System-Required Training Special Edition for Selected Job Titles (course 2111935).
- Must Complete NCAA Training on Sexual Violence-Related Policies & Procedures for Texas A&M Athletics Employees (course 2113411)
- Must Complete Slow Moving Vehicle (SMV) Training EHS (course 2112256)
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
- At the direction of the camp director(s), provide instruction, demonstration and teaching the sport's dynamics to campers.
- Provide supervision of campers during all activities, free times and in dormitories/camp housing.
- Perform other duties as required.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate, specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.