Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow-2 Agency
Texas A&M University Health Science Center Department
Psychiatry and Behavioral Science Proposed Minimum Salary
Commensurate Job Location
Bryan, Texas Job Type
Staff Job DescriptionWhat we believe:
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for
all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and
accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our
core values. Who we are:
As one of the fastest-growing academic health centers in the nation, the Texas A&M University
Health Science Center encompasses five colleges and numerous centers and institutes working together to
improve health through transformative education, innovative research, and team-based health care delivery. What we want:
The Health Science Center (HSC) is looking for Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow to serve as a member of
department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences research team. We desire an individual who subscribes to and
supports our commitment as stated above. The successful applicant will bring an expert level of experience to
the position and understand the demands of supporting our research and clinical mission in a fast-paced
environment. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume environment and be able to
apply strong organizational skills while being flexible in their daily routine. If this is you, we invite you to apply
to become a member of our team. Required Education:
- Doctoral program in counseling or clinical psychology.
- Minimum of 550 clinical/direct contact hours.
- At least one practicum in a university/college counseling center setting.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- One year of clinical experience.
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidates must have passed Doctoral qualifying examinations before beginning internship.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Scientist/Practitioner model doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in a health service psychology field from an APA Accredited program that includes education in relevant profession wide competencies (e.g., ethics, assessment,
- intervention), experiential education (i.e. practicum) and a one-year of internship in a health service psychology setting.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- Experiences consistent with doctoral degree in a health service psychology field, and at least one year of clinical experience.
- Providing counseling in a community, school, or healthcare setting working with children and adolescents; psychological services via telehealth; and working with interdisciplinary care teams.
- Experience providing wellness assessment, brief intervention, and trauma care to children and adolescents is highly desirable.
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- By the end of the post-doctoral fellowship the employee must meet all requirements for licensure as a psychologist in the State of Texas.
- Clinical experience with telehealth counseling, crisis intervention, brief therapy, work with youth, and trauma resolution.
- Ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities safely without injury to self and others in compliance with A&M System and HSC guidelines.
- Processes of clinical supervision of trainees in psychology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in evidence-based treatment methods
- Comfortable with learning new technology and delivering services via telehealth.
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communities
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
- Provides professional counseling and assessment services including intake and clinical assessment, crisis intervention, treatment planning, psychological testing, and short-term individual, relationship, and group counseling.
- Maintains documentation of services within electronic medical records system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Consults with parents, physicians, faculty, residence life staff, off-campus counseling services, and other campus offices and students, when appropriate, and with appropriate authorization, in order to provide quality care to students.
- Makes referrals to off-campus therapists, clinics, or hospitals, when appropriate.
- Provides triage counselor-on-duty services.
- Participates in weekly case conferences and informal case consultation to coordinate client care.
- Obtains professional consultation when appropriate.
- Informs team of high-risk students and students of concern.
- Develops and implements outreach programs to students and campus community members related to mental health issues and student concerns.
- Assesses campus needs and makes recommendations for future outreach and educational programming
- Engages in applied research and evaluation activities.
- Publishes and/or disseminates the results of research and evaluation efforts.
- Coordinates a minor program or assists in the coordination of a major program.
- Provides presentations for University or community audiences about counseling services, programs, organization, professional development topics and issues, etc.
- Provides professional presentations at local, regional, and national conferences and workshops.
- May provide supervision for Master/Doctoral level students in Counseling, Clinical, and School Psychology, and adjunct supervision for Doctoral interns.
- May supervise assigned staff.
- Provides training seminars in the area of job function and professional expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position contingent upon continued funding.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate, specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.