Event Technician P5 Agency
Texas A&M University Department
University Center Complex Proposed Minimum Salary
$13.92 hourly Job Location
College Station, Texas Job Type
Staff Job DescriptionOur Commitment Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.Who we are
University Center & Special Events manages the Memorial Student Center, Rudder Theatre Complex, J. Earl Rudder Tower, John J. Koldus Building, All Faiths Chapel, Albritton Bell Tower and the University Center Guest Suites. Our experienced staff can provide a full range of professional services which include event coordination and setup, equipment rentals, AV services, event staffing and lodging accommodations. With a focus on superior customer service, UCEN will ensure your next event is a success! To learn more, please visit: https://ucenter.tamu.edu/about/ What we want
The UC Events Worker is responsible for the set-up and other preparations for meetings and conferences at University Center Complex and other areas. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity. What you need to knowCOVID-19 information:
Texas A&M University monitors and updates our recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes to align with local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. Each department has established both remote and in-person procedures for conducting these processes, which include sanitizing common spaces, a mask policy, and maintaining safe physical distancing to the extent possible. Departments will provide the procedures to be followed at each step of the recruiting process. Required Education and Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years experience in meeting and conference set-up and related customer service
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Must be customer service oriented
- Must be able and willing to work as part of a team and in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Must be able to lift and move moderate to heavy weights on a regular basis
- Must be able to walk extensively and work in outside environments
- 'Requires extensive evening, holiday and/or weekend work
- Valid driver license and good driving record
- Must be able to obtain State of Texas class "C" vehicle driver license within 30 days of employment
Instructions to Applicants
- Performs setup and break down of various types of meetings (workshops, conferences, lectures, lunches & dinners, and other special events) as directed by the Events Team Leader and in accordance with the daily event schedules and set-up requirements. This includes lifting tables and chairs, bending and reaching above shoulders, loading/unloading and stacking tables and chairs and pushing carts of tables and chairs. This work takes place indoors and outdoors. Responsible for insuring work orders are fulfilled to customer expectations.
- Provide excellent customer services to our clients, guests, and tenants that occupy the facilities that make up the University Center Complex. Be present 15 minutes prior to the start of events to unlock the rooms and check with the client on the proper setup of the space. Try to answer or find the answer to any questions the client might have.
- May assist with moving and set-up of required equipment such as computers, projectors and other A/V equipment; may unload/load vendor goods and equipment and transfer to appropriate location; hangs banners and prepares external remote event sites; and monitors buildings and other facilities for maintenance issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate, specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.