Guest Experience Event Worker Agency
Texas A&M University Department
Athletic Director Proposed Minimum Salary
Commensurate Job Location
College Station, Texas Job Type
Temporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term) Job DescriptionOur Commitment Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.Who we are
The mission of the Department of Recreational Sports is to provide quality programs, services and facilities to a diverse Texas A&M community. We encourage the lifelong pursuit of active healthy lifestyles, and enhance student development by providing leadership and employment opportunities. Our mission is to promote an active, healthy lifestyle to our customers. We believe that we must model this if we are to have an impact on our customers. We therefore value a balance in our physical, social, mental, spiritual and emotional needs and are committed to balancing our work life with our personal life, always leaving time for recreation. We also believe that fun is a necessary ingredient in everything that we do. Remember to enjoy life It is a GIFT! What we want
Seeking friendly, out-going, professional and reliable individuals with an exemplary work ethic and a positive attitude to provide optimum guest experience at Texas A&M Athletic events. If you enjoy serving others, sharing the Aggie Spirit, and if you care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer service and the overall role it plays in making an exceptional guest experience, this job is for you! The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity. What you need to knowCOVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M's COVID-19 response, please visit the University's COVID-19 website. For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness' COVID-19 websit
e Required Education Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 1 year customer service experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- A strong work ethic.
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service on a consistent basis.
- Ability to listen attentively to guest complaints and help solve and assist and provide information as needed.
- Ability to endure the weather: heat, wind, rain, cold, etc.
- Make eye contact and ability to smile a lot.
- Listening skills and patience
- Responsible, punctual and dependable.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Customer Service experience in athletic event setting; professional office setting etiquette experience.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
- Creativity, proactive and a willingness to think on your own and make decisions.
- Ability to stand or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighting less than or equal to 50lbs.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate, specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.