Research Specialist II Agency
Texas A&M University Department
Dean Of Education Proposed Minimum Salary
Commensurate Job Location
College Station, Texas Job Type
Staff Job DescriptionOur Commitment Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.Who we are
The College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) at Texas A&M University has been transforming lives for 50 years. Now the 4th largest college at Texas A&M University with over 6,000 enrolled students, we are not just a school for teachers. We are a school for leaders in not just in education, but also business, sport, health, and government. To learn more, visit us at https://education.tamu.edu/about/ What we want
The Research Specialist II, under general supervision research work involving performance of assignments which may involve planning and directing certain phases of research project. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) as stated above. If the description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity. What you need to knowCover Letter/Resume' or CV;
A cover letter and resume' or CV are strongly recommended. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume. COVID-19 information: Texas A&M University monitors local, state and federally mandated health guidelines to keep students, employees, prospective employees, and visitors as safe as possible. For the latest information regarding Texas A&M's COVID-19 response, please visit the University's COVID-19 website. For COVID-19 employment-related information, please visit the Division of Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness' COVID-19 website.Required Education and Experience:
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 6 years' related experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master's degree in Education, Science, Curriculum & Instruction or related field
- Experience in elementary/intermediate science instruction, curriculum development, literacy, focus on 3rd-5th grade preferred
- Experience providing teacher professional development and classroom instructional support (coaching and/or mentoring teachers) in the areas of literacy (reading/writing) and science
- Experience with science curriculum lesson plan development. Intermediate knowledge of effective instructional strategies, techniques for economically challenged students, including English language learners, and struggling readers
- Familiarity of school culture in rural schools
- Preferred experience in development and delivery of online instruction
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Intermediate level knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations
- Organized, be able to pay attention to details, ability to adapt to changing priorities, work well in a team setting, take instruction from supervisors, and collaborate with coworkers
- Communicate effectively with coworkers, university, and school district personnel in-person, via virtual webinars, through email, and over the telephone
- Strong background in technology
- Project Implementation and Fidelity - Contribute to development and presentation of on-going virtual professional development conducted after school hours as part of the research project's objectives. Schedule and conduct virtual mentoring and coaching of participating teachers in research project during science instruction to support literacy-infused science; provide real-time instructional feedback on fidelity of implementation. Complete individual teacher feedback documentation; monitor and document teacher reflections and feedback in support of research project's fidelity of implementation. Assist in monitoring and documenting teacher attendance, participation, and completion of teacher expectations in accordance with the research project. Collaborate/communicate with stakeholder and project personnel for research project related communication.
- Research Materials Development - Support development of literacy-infused science lessons, activities for 3-5th grades. Support development of supplemental components including university science mentors and family involvement in science. Support preparation and distribution of curriculum to participating teachers. Assist in selection of related instructional resources and manipulatives, monitor and track distribution of materials to participants in a timely manner.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
- Project Reporting and Dissemination -Utilize research to write proposals, manuscripts, abstracts, research briefs, white papers, technical reports related to dissemination. Support development project reports as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate, specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.