FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Temporary
Salary: $30.00 per hour Please be advised this is a part-time, temporary position working less than 10 hours per week. Job Summary:
The Massage Therapist Temporary is responsible for providing safe and effective massage therapy to clients under current rules and guidelines. Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Completes S.O.A.P. notes, maintains accurate documentation and filing of client files after each visit. Follow HIPPA compliance.
Maintains the treatment rooms in a neat professional manner including stocking products and linens, cleaning and instrument sterilization. Replaces massage linens on tables so that the room is ready for the next client.
Responsible for keeping up to date on all pertinent, job-related information within Campus Recreation (meetings, special events, announcements). Must attend all massage staff meetings.
Responsible for assigned appointments. Appointment information is available through the TCU SharePoint website.
Performs other related duties as assigned. Position Requirements: Required Education and Experience:
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- 2 years' of previous massage therapy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Certificate of completion from an accredited Massage Therapy program.
- Current valid Texas State Massage License.
- Current CPR certification.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
- Knowledge of customer service techniques.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally.
- Ability to contribute to overall success of the Massage Therapy program as a team member.
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
- Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. To apply please click here!