Non-Exempt / Temporary Salary:
$19.83 per hour Job Summary:
The Police Officer is responsible for providing security services by preventing crime; enforcing laws; apprehending suspects; monitoring traffic. Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Prevents crime by explaining and enforcing applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances; teaching preventive, protective and defensive tactics; patrolling assigned areas; responding to notices of disturbances; conducting searches; observing suspicious activities; detaining suspects.
Apprehends suspects by responding to complaints and calls for help; observing violations; making arrests. Conducts criminal investigations by gathering evidence; interviewing victims and witnesses; interrogating suspects. Documents observations and actions by radioing information; completing reports.
Maintains safe traffic conditions by monitoring and directing traffic; enforcing laws and ordinances; investigating accidents; providing escort; reporting unsafe streets and facilities. Minimizes personal injury by rescuing and reviving victims; radioing for medical assistance.
Maintains operations by following department policies and procedures; recommending changes. Ensures operation of equipment by practicing use; completing preventive maintenance requirements; troubleshooting malfunctions; notifying supervisor of needed repairs.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by studying applicable federal, state and local law and ordinances; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; practicing skills; participating in professional societies. Performs other related duties as assigned. Position Requirements: Required Education and Experience:
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Associates degree or equivalent in experience.
- 1 year of Law Enforcement experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Peace Officer Certification.
- Valid Texas driver's license.
- Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination.
- Ability to become TLETS/TCIC/NCIC certified.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
- Knowledge of basic customer service techniques.
- Knowledge of crime scene investigation techniques.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally.
- Ability to draft grammatically correct correspondence.
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, climbing, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 180 lbs.
- Work is indoors and outdoors and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. To apply please click here!