Non-exempt / Temporary Please be advised this is a part-time, temporary position and includes some night and weekend shifts. Job Summary:
The Security Guard is responsible for maintaining safe and secure environment by observing activities, patrolling areas, identifying traffic violations. Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Position Requirements: Required Education and Experience:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling campus; inspecting building, equipment and access points.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures.
- Monitors traffic by directing drivers, writing tickets for traffic violations.
- Delivers customer service by providing on-campus escort services; answering questions and giving directions to customers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities.
- Maintains campus procedures by complying with department regulations and local legal requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1 year customer service experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination.
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
- Knowledge of basic customer service techniques.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally.
- Ability to draft grammatically correct coorespondence.
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
- Work is indoors/outdoors and not sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. To apply please click here!