The TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine is seeking applicants for the position of theme lead for the Preparation for Practice course. The School of Medicine invites faculty interested in an administrative appointment to lead the integration and delivery of the following themes in the curriculum of the TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine:
1. Team-Based Care
3. Physician as Educator
Preparation for Practice is a longitudinal course within the medical school curriculum that incorporates biomedical informatics, geriatrics, global and population health, health care delivery, health policy and advocacy, patient safety and quality improvement, physician as educator, and team-based care. This approach goes beyond a traditional medical education and provides students with practical tools and information to solve real-world problems and adapt to radical changes over the course of their career. Theme lead faculty are responsible for the collaborative development, implementation, and evaluation of their respective theme content throughout the four-year curriculum, under the direction of the Preparation for Practice Course Director. Duties and Essential Job Functions:
1. Design a developmental, milestone-driven four-year curriculum for the theme in a collaborative fashion with the other theme leads and the Course Director.
2. Emphasize creative active learning and experiential sessions in the theme curriculum development.
3. In collaboration with Course, Clerkship, and other Theme Directors, deploy theme content into the SOM curriculum as detailed in the Preparation for Practice Course curriculum.
4. Prepare and present theme content, including application-based learning experiences as appropriate in area of expertise.
5. Recruit guest faculty/session leaders with appropriate expertise in the theme curriculum.
6. Mentor session faculty to ensure high teaching and assessment standards; encourage all theme faculty to make use of faculty development resources.
7. Assist theme presenters and Course Directors in obtaining necessary materials in a timely manner (presentation materials, lesson plans, readings, test questions, etc.).
8. Attend theme presentations to ensure high educational standards and to provide seamless delivery of the theme content.
9. Foster positive collaborations among the other Theme Faculty Leads and the Preparation for Practice Thread Director, including seeking opportunities to coordinate content.
10. Actively participate in all evaluation activities related to the theme. Position Requirements: Required Education and Experience:
Doctorate degree (MD; MD, PhD; PhD, or DO);
Significant experience teaching medical students and/or residents
Must qualify for faculty rank at the TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine
Experience in practice or instruction of the relevant theme Preferred Education and Experience:
Understanding of educational pedagogy as it relates to medical education
Experience working with diverse students or diverse populations Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Track record of teaching excellence, educational leadership, and organizational talent
Commitment to cultural diversity and equal opportunity
Experience in working with and developing faculty Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs. Work Environment:
There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. To apply please click here!