FLSA Status: Exempt Job Summary:
The Deputy Title IX Officer is responsible for providing institution-wide leadership and expertise related to Title IX and other identified compliance areas. This position participates in collaborative and coordinated efforts in monitoring, grievance processes, education, outreach and information reporting. Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Position Requirements: Required Education and Experience:
- Assists the Chief Inclusion Officer/Title IX Coordinator and Sr. Deputy Title IX Officer in managing all reports of sexual misconduct, and discrimination from receipt to resolution.
- Provides comprehensive, timely, and support services to students, faculty and staff reporting sexual misconduct or discrimination.
- Conducts intake meetings with students, faculty and staff reporting prohibited conduct;
- Works with the internal and external investigators to ensure a well-documented Title IX investigative process.
- Follows steps at outlined in TCU Title IX policy for complaints - from initial inquiry through final resolution.
- Conducts and/or assists with Title IX and discrimination investigations.
- Collaborates with members of the university to conduct training, prevention, and education efforts and periodic review of climate and culture
- Schedules and conducts meetings with individuals, including the Respondent, Complainant, or a third party in pending investigations, about the reporting options and resources available.
- Works in collaboration with other university offices to assist students who are experiencing issues that may be impeding their academic success.
- Serves on the Sexual Assault Awareness Education Committee.
- Maintains current inventory of regulations and statutes relating to sex, gender based violence including, but not limited to Title VII, Title IX, VAWA, Campus Save Act, Clery Act and any new legislation on the subject.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience: Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Master's Degree or J.D. from an accredited institution.
- 3 plus years of experience in Title IX, including a minimum of one year investigating claims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking OR student conduct experience.
- Higher Education experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Completion of sexual violence prevention and/or response training with a nationally recognized organization.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
- Knowledge of laws, policies and procedures related to Title IX and the Violence against Women Act.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret Title IX, federal, local and state equal opportunity and non-discrimination laws and regulations.
- Skill in communicating with various levels of the university and ability to foster positive interactions with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to exercise independent and mature judgement, maintain objectivity, and safeguard confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to understand the needs of the university and to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, administrators and community partners.
- Ability to conduct investigation interviews using proactive listening skills and thorough questioning techniques.
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
- Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. To apply please click here!