FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Temporary Job Summary:
The Technical Support Assistant is responsible for supporting faculty members and students in providing a strong learning experience for MBA students in classes with remote student participation. Duties and Essential Job Functions:
Position Requirements: Required Education and Experience:
- Working collaboratively with faculty members, provides training and support to faculty on how to utilize technology to engage remote students, and creates resources for remote learnings.
- Attends graduate classes with remote student participation as needed to support the faculty member and students with technology needs.
- Participates in the onboarding of graduate student cohorts who will be in classrooms where students are participating remotely.
- Serves as the primary technical support person for remote students in need of technical help.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Information technology or 5 years working experience in development and/or implementation of Crestron, AMX or Extron systems.
- Experience with Virtual meeting technologies such as Zoom, Skype, and go-to-meeting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in business, IT or a related field
- Working knowledge of Crestron AV systems
- Working knowledge of Polycom Eagle Eye camera system
- Integration of Crestron products and technologies using Cresnet, infiNET EX ®, ethernet, and Crestron Toolbox
- Fundamental Crestron systems maintenance
- Structured cabling basics
- Cable termination
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
- Knowledge of basic customer service techniques.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Skill in the use of Zoom or Skype.
- Skill in effective written and verbal communications.
- Ability to create a seamless customer experience.
- Ability to problem solve with little direction or guidance.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to student workers.
- Ability to coordinate with IT and other stakeholders regarding any ongoing technical concerns.
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
- Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. To apply please click here!