The Substitute Teacher, in the absence of the classroom teacher, is responsible for providing and/or assisting in instruction and managing the learning environment. The position reports to the Director at the Laboratory Schools at TCU. Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Reports to the Director or designee upon arrival at the school.
2. Reviews with the Director or designee the plans and schedules to be adhered to during the school day.
3. Maintains the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
4. Follows the lesson plans provided by the classroom teacher, in collaboration with the full-time teaching assistant(s).
5. Interacts in a professional manner with students, parents, and all laboratory school personnel.
6. Encourages, monitors, and promotes student progress.
7. Maintains student confidentiality.
8. Assumes the responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in the classroom, during lunch, activity periods, and out-of-class settings, in alignment with the full-time teaching assistant(s).
9. Provides a brief report in writing on the day's activities at the conclusion of each day for the teacher and Director.
10. Works cooperatively with all school personnel.
11. Follows all policies, rules, and procedures to which teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience
: • Bachelor's degree.
Preferred Education & Experience: • None. Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
• None. Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
• Valid teacher certification with Special Education endorsement or equivalent.
• Evidence of successful completion of Substitute Teacher Training Program (STEDI) online training. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge or familiarity with the subject(s) to be taught.
• Knowledge or familiarity with working with students with Down syndrome and/or developmental delays.
• Knowledge of methodologies of effective teaching. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, significant standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs. Work Environment:
• Work is indoors and moderate and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. AA/EEO Statement:
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Advertised:
August 14, 2020 Central Daylight Time Applications close: To apply please click here!