The Lifeguard ensures the safety of patrons of the aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies. Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
2. Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
3. Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
4. Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
5. Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience
: • Enrolled in High School with expected graduation date.
• 15 years of age or older.
Preferred Education & Experience: • None Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
• CPR certified.
• American Red Cross Professional Rescuer Certified. Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
• None Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
• Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
• Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 50 lbs. Work Environment:
• Work is indoors and outdoors and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. AA/EEO Statement:
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Advertised:
April 12, 2021 Central Daylight Time Applications close: To apply please click here!