The Dispatcher is responsible for coordinating the flow of incoming and outgoing information by answering calls and directing information to the appropriate channels. Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides assistance to customers by answering questions, providing information and determining the appropriate response to each situation.
2. Activates response to health and safety concerns by monitoring communication equipment; notifying appropriate internal and external officials and departments.
3. Monitors field personnel by listening and responding to radio activity; conducting welfare checks; implementing appropriate action.
4. Documents information by imputing and retrieving data and producing reports from automated system.
5. Coordinates security procedures by monitoring security cameras; maintaining control logs for keys, radios, gas cards, evidence lockers, towed cars; maintaining lost and found items.
6. Provides information by documenting license plates, warrants and/or driver's licenses with external agencies.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience
: • High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• 1 year of dispatching or related experience.
Preferred Education & Experience: • None Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
• T.LETS - NCIC/TCIC Certification Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
• None Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of office techniques.
• Knowledge of record keeping techniques.
• Knowledge of organization techniques.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Knowledge of department specific computer software.
• Knowledge of specific job related programs.
• Knowledge of security procedures.
• Knowledge of problem solving techniques.
• Ability to communicate verbally.
• Ability to draft grammatically correct correspondence.
• Ability to operate a computer.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask in emergency situations.
• Ability to work well under stress. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs. Work Environment:
• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. AA/EEO Statement:
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Advertised:
April 19, 2021 Central Daylight Time Applications close: To apply please click here!