The Research Assistant is responsible for assisting with one or more research projects being conducted at the Institute of Behavioral Research. Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Collects data through activities such as planning and organizing site visits, conducting site visits and interviews, communicating with research participants and organizations, collaborating with IBR staff and partners, and assisting with related data-collection protocols such as administering baseline and follow-up surveys and manualized sessions according to study protocols.
2. Manages data through activities such as entering data, scoring instruments and interviews, maintaining research data bases, and simple statistical analyses. This includes maintaining research logs and other project paperwork following protocol for protection and transmittal of data.
3. Reports data through activities such as creating progress reports, helping prepare manuscripts for publication, and helping prepare presentations of the IBR research activities.
4. Assists with any training that is being conducted as part of the research project, through activities such as preparing project training materials, preparing handouts, and assisting with administrative tasks relevant to the training.
5. Communicates frequently with project staff at TCU about study process, and communicates frequently with agency staff in accordance with study protocols and guidelines for protection of participant confidentiality.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience
: • Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science (Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice) or related field.
Preferred Education & Experience: • Clinical experience.
• Oral and written fluency in Spanish.
• Experience or training in research activities.
• Experience or training in a behavioral health (e.g., psychology, counseling, social work), criminal justice, or child welfare-related field. Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
• Valid Texas Driver's License
• Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements. Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
• MSW, LPC or equivalent Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of strong administrative skills that will permit effective and efficient work in an office setting.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applications.
• Ability to work independently under the supervision of the IBR Director and Research Scientists, while successfully completing complex assignments such as interviews, site visits, data collection, data management, and report preparation.
• Ability to use data collection resources such as online data-collection software.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a research team. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs. Work Environment:
• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. AA/EEO Statement:
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Advertised:
April 22, 2021 Central Daylight Time Applications close: To apply please click here!