The Boiler Supervisor is responsible for the coordination, supervision, and, documentation of maintenance, service, and repair by Boiler technicians on the steam, hot water, and hydronic boiler systems throughout campus which are made up of many different manufacturers and models. Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides building maintenance services by; implementing standards and procedures, scheduling and assigning staff, following up on work results, coordinating necessary adjustments, and coordinating trades people.
2. Supervises, counsels and disciplines employees as well as plans, monitors, and appraises their work.
3. Ensures proper operation of tools and equipment used in the job by; completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, evaluating new equipment and techniques.
4. Complies with federal, state and local building and boiler codes by adhering to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
5. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
6. Maintains continuity among shops by documenting and communicating, irregularities and continuing needs.
7. Assists with review of job descriptions, applications and recommendations for hiring.
8. Reviews construction documents and drawings for utilities and building systems in existing and new buildings.
9. Assists with Contract development and scheduling of outside contractors for annual maintenance agreements.
10. Coordinates with departments on campus to do boiler work.
11. Schedules and monitors outside contractors for warranty and emergency repairs on boiler systems.
12. Schedules and monitors Work Order system to ensure campus needs are being met.
13. Assists with budget reports and tracking expenditures for Mechanical Department.
14. Ensures proper staffing to cover all TCU supported events during normal and after hour times.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience
: • High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• 5 years of experience in boiler system installation, maintenance and repair or related experience.
• 3 years of supervisory experience.
Preferred Education & Experience: • An Associate's Degree or two years of a related technical trade school
• 10 years related experience
• 5 years of supervisory experience. Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
• Valid Texas Driver's License.
• Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
• Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination. Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
• Boiler operator's license/certification, Associates degree in Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning or equivalent Vocational/Technical Training. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of proper: training, evaluation and supervision of staff, planning and organizing work load, record keeping, building codes, safety regulations, and job-related policies and regulations.
• Knowledge of ASME section IV and VI boiler maintenance requirements, Texas Boiler Law, Fuel Gas Codes, OSHA 1910. Electrical safety practices and basic record keeping techniques.
• Knowledge of maintaining and troubleshooting boiler systems of all kinds.
• Skill in some or all components of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to clearly communicate both written and verbally. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs, and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 50 lbs. Work Environment:
• Work is indoors/outdoors and not sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• May be exposed to hazardous materials and noxious fumes on occasion.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. AA/EEO Statement:
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Advertised:
April 28, 2021 Central Daylight Time Applications close: To apply please click here!