The Boiler Technician is responsible for maintaining climate controlled buildings by restoring and repairing; steam, and hydronic hot water boiler systems. Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintains boilers or hydronic systems by inspecting, servicing and repairing boilers, piping and related equipment; completing routine maintenance schedule.
2. Tests systems by applying manufacturers recommended steps in addition to standard testing procedures for the system; making required adjustments as needed.
3. Assists in completing projects by installing, repairing, and testing boiler or hydronic systems.
4. Maintains boiler or hydronic systems by performing scheduled preventative maintenance.
5. Troubleshoots boiler or hydronic systems by researching and evaluating conditions, following steps provided in the manufacturers O&M, advising Supervisor and recommending actions.
6. Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
7. Complies with federal, state and local building codes by adhering to requirements.
8. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
9. Ensures operation of tools and equipment used in the job by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
10. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communication actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
11. Responds to after-hours emergencies; works during inclement weather; and works to support various events on campus during non-business hours.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience
: • High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• 1 year experience in boiler or hydronic systems installation, maintenance, and repair.
Preferred Education & Experience: • 5 years in boiler related installation, maintenance, and repair. Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
• Valid Texas Driver's License.
• Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
• Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination. Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
• None Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of boilers and associated systems, job safety practices, and customer service techniques.
• Skill to operate equipment required to perform the job.
• Skill to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Skill in and ability to participate in rigging up and delivery of product to location.
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly.
• Ability to monitor performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements and take corrective action. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds. Work Environment:
• Work is a combination of indoors and outdoors and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• Possible harmful environmental factors are high pressure high temperature systems, rotating equipment and electricity.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. AA/EEO Statement:
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Advertised:
April 28, 2021 Central Daylight Time Applications close: To apply please click here!