The HVAC Technician is responsible for maintaining climate controlled buildings by installing and maintaining heating, ventilating and cooling equipment. Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintains adequate structural climate by installing, repairing and maintaining HVAC systems.
2. Keeps equipment, systems and buildings ready for use by implementing preventive and routine maintenance programs and schedules for HVAC systems, and documenting.
3. Assists in completing projects by installing, restoring and repairing faulty or inoperative HVAC systems and associated equipment.
4. Troubleshoots HVAC systems by researching and evaluating conditions, advising supervisor and recommending actions.
5. Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
6. Complies with federal, state and local building codes by adhering to requirements.
7. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
8. Ensures proper operation of tools and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements in accordance with manufacturer's instructions.
9. Maintains Indoor Air Quality by performing routine cleaning of HVAC system components and equipment rooms.
10. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
11. Responds to after-hours emergencies; works during inclement weather; and works to support various events on campus during non-business hours.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience
: • High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• 1 year in heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system installation, maintenance and repair or related experience.
Preferred Education & Experience: • None Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
• Valid Texas Driver's License.
• Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
• Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination. Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
• None Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Skill to operate equipment required to perform the job.
• Ability to communicate technical information. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs, and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 50 lbs. Work Environment:
• Work is indoors/outdoors and not sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• May be exposed to work in attics, basements, crawl spaces.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate, but can be noisy due to work around chiller plants, boiler rooms, and generators. AA/EEO Statement:
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Advertised:
April 28, 2021 Central Daylight Time Applications close: To apply please click here!