The Plumber is responsible for providing and maintaining plumbing in buildings by installing, repairing and expanding plumbing systems. Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Determines sequence of installation by studying blueprints, sketches or building plans to identify plumbing requirements per current code.
2. Installs, repairs, and maintains water, air, gas, and sewer lines and acid waste systems.
3. Tests plumbing systems by filling system with water or air; identifying leaks.
4. Cuts and threads, brazes, solders, and pro-press piping in installation and repairs.
5. Assists in completing projects by installing and repairing plumbing systems and parts.
6. Maintains plumbing systems by performing routine maintenance.
7. Troubleshoots plumbing systems by researching and evaluating conditions, advising supervisor and recommending actions and follows thru with repairs
8. Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
9. Complies with federal, state and local building codes by adhering to requirements.
10. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
11. Ensures operation of tools and equipment used in the job by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
12. Ensures operation of tools and equipment used in the job by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
13. Works with other trades personnel in support of the systems with in the Campus, Chiller, Power Plants, utility tunnels and underground utilities.
14. Completes work orders using AIM System program.
15. Responds to after-hours emergencies; works during inclement weather; and works to support various events on campus during non-business hours.
16. Identifies and reports safety hazards and works to correct them.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience
: • High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• 3 years plumbing experience.
Preferred Education & Experience: • 5 years plumbing experience. Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
• Valid Texas Driver's License.
• Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
• Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination.
• Plumbing apprentice card through the State of Texas. Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
• Plumbing Journeyman card through the State of Texas. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of plumbing installation and maintenance practices, and blueprint reading.
• Skill to operate equipment required to perform the job.
• Skill to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
• Skill in and ability to participate in rigging up and delivery of product to location.
• Ability to communicate technical information clearly.
• Ability to monitor performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements and take corrective action. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds. Work Environment:
• Work is a combination of indoors and outdoors and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• Possible harmful environmental factors are high pressure high temperature systems, rotating equipment and electricity.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. AA/EEO Statement:
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. Advertised:
April 28, 2021 Central Daylight Time Applications close: To apply please click here!